anyone have a Bushnell Tour X Range Finder

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have one. I don't know why I did because my course is pretty flat.

What I thought would be the biggest adjustment is only about 6 or 7 yards, but there are quite a few that I thought was flat that are actually a couple of yards up or down, not that I need that much accuracy.

The jolt is very good, and reassuring, and the ability to change the display from red to black is also good.

I have 3 gripes with it.

Small gripe. The case zips up around the perimeter, so you can't leave it unzipped if it's raining like you could with the old case that had a 'lid'.

Medium gripe. It sometimes struggles to pick up flags either at distance or if the flag is blowing straight towards or away from you. I wouldn't think anything of it if my old Nikon didn't struggle at all.

Big gripe. The display is way too dark. When I first looked through it I thought there must be a protective film over the lens that needed removing, but I can't see one. It's fine in really bright light, but not so if it's overcast.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have one. I don't know why I did because my course is pretty flat.

What I thought would be the biggest adjustment is only about 6 or 7 yards, but there are quite a few that I thought was flat that are actually a couple of yards up or down, not that I need that much accuracy.

The jolt is very good, and reassuring, and the ability to change the display from red to black is also good.

I have 3 gripes with it.

Small gripe. The case zips up around the perimeter, so you can't leave it unzipped if it's raining like you could with the old case that had a 'lid'.

Medium gripe. It sometimes struggles to pick up flags either at distance or if the flag is blowing straight towards or away from you. I wouldn't think anything of it if my old Nikon didn't struggle at all.

Big gripe. The display is way too dark. When I first looked through it I thought there must be a protective film over the lens that needed removing, but I can't see one. It's fine in really bright light, but not so if it's overcast.

i had a shot with one in the car park of the store and that was the red display and i thought that was brighter than my V3, that was a grey dull day.

so you are happy with it apart from those ?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i had a shot with one in the car park of the store and that was the red display and i thought that was brighter than my V3, that was a grey dull day.

so you are happy with it apart from those ?

Sorry, I didn't mean the display (ie the numbers) was too dark, the display is brilliant.

What's too dark is the view through the viewfinder. I have to concentrate to pick a target when it should just be (imo) a quick glance.

Very happy with it apart from those niggles, but don't think I'd pick it again if mine were to break.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mean the display (ie the numbers) was too dark, the display is brilliant.

What's too dark is the view through the viewfinder. I have to concentrate to pick a target when it should just be (imo) a quick glance.

Very happy with it apart from those niggles, but don't think I'd pick it again if mine were to break.

interesting....

What would you get instead?

I really like my V3 but the case has had it now and i fancy something new. There are only a few holes at my home course that have elevation changes and know to take more club on those, but i do play a few others that have subtle changes. would have been good to have it around Fabians place on Monday as i did fine myself under clubbing a few times with the elevation.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
You seen Mark Crossfield's videos about it? He's been using it in the latest course vlogs in Greece and did follow up videos on how he's using slope to learn more about his game. Really interesting, and Mark certainly seemed to recommend it.

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Nikon Coolshot 20..basic in comparison but small, light and legal in comps (I know Bushnell is but need to change "lens")

Also cheap as chips in comparison

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
My gripe is with the zip case which is now completely knackered and can't be zipped up.

Rangefinder itself is good. Slope is interesting but I'm not sure I'll use it much.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
do you find you don't use the slope and just leave the conforming bit on?

Yes.

I sometimes use the slope when practising but am generally worried I'll forget and leave it on for a comp. the display is different though so the one time I nearly did that I realised before actually lasering the flag.

I'll use the slope for my practise round at Troon, for example and probably take some notes.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yes.

I sometimes use the slope when practising but am generally worried I'll forget and leave it on for a comp. the display is different though so the one time I nearly did that I realised before actually lasering the flag.

I'll use the slope for my practise round at Troon, for example and probably take some notes.

The guy i saw play 18 on Sat said row 18B is +22 yards from the middle of the fairway:rofl::rofl:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
interesting....

What would you get instead?

I really like my V3 but the case has had it now and i fancy something new. There are only a few holes at my home course that have elevation changes and know to take more club on those, but i do play a few others that have subtle changes. would have been good to have it around Fabians place on Monday as i did fine myself under clubbing a few times with the elevation.

I'd probably go back to Nikon if I changed now, not that they do much of a range.

Not sure if all Bushnell's are the same as mine, or maybe I've got a faulty one, dunno.

Bushnell will sell you a new case for a tenner if you're happy with your laser. I almost bought one with the 'lid' but in the end didn't bother.
Can't comment on the FD's zip issue because mine is always undone with the elastic holding it shut.