Anyone been to Le Touquet in France?

BlueFraggle

Medal Winner
Visit site
Afternoon chaps,

Three of us have just booked our first ever overseas golfing trip and have plumped for Le Touquet in France

We are scheduled to play Le Foret, La Mer and Les Pins (D'Hardelot) courses over 3 days in June (when the World Cup is on so bonus footy to watch afterwards over some frosty beverages)

Cannot wait

Has anyone been to this region and/or played any of the courses?

Any good?

Can anyone recommend anywhere to go in Le Touquet?

Cheers in advance

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Been a couple of times to this area and have had a great time (one exception, but read on..) :D

I've played the courses you mention and they all have good but different challenges and you'll have a great time. Not a weak one there IMO. Hardelot was my personal favourite just because of the design (i love playing in the pines with elevation changes)...

Golf Belle Dunes is another in the region i just love as well - on a warm sunny day it doesn't get much better. Not cheap, but well worth a look. We also stopped at Boulogne Sur Mer on the way back - classic links here I'd never heard of. This was awesome as well and virtually deserted.

Bars and restaurants along the main streets in Le Touquet are fine - tourist prices though. Avoid cheap ones off the beaten track, i was laid up for a couple of weeks coming back with salmonella... :eek:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Afternoon chaps,

Three of us have just booked our first ever overseas golfing trip and have plumped for Le Touquet in France

We are scheduled to play Le Foret, La Mer and Les Pins (D'Hardelot) courses over 3 days in June (when the World Cup is on so bonus footy to watch afterwards over some frosty beverages)

Cannot wait

Has anyone been to this region and/or played any of the courses?

Any good?

Can anyone recommend anywhere to go in Le Touquet?

Cheers in advance

3 pretty good choices. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Although I seem to remember someone on here having an issue with a 'rained off' venture.

Not played it, but Belle Dunes has the reputation of being 'other' very good course (along with Les Dunes in Hardelot that I can recommend).

Agree about Bars/Restaurants in Le Touquet.