Any PS4 experts here?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
When the boy had to leave uni early back in March, he had to leave most of his stuff behind, including his xbox and tv. He's been without ever since. We're finally able to go pick it up next month, but until then, he's been lent a PS4. the trouble here is connecting it to my Dell monitor, which only has a spare DisplayPort adaptor. It seems we need an HDMI to DisplayPort active adapter which seems to be a bit of a minefield in itself.

Don't want to spend a fortune as he's getting his tv back in 3 weeks time. Am looking at this adapter

HDMI to DisplayPort Adapter Converter 4K 30Hz,Active HDMI 1.4 to DP 1.2 Female Adaptor with Audio,PC to Monitor,HDMI in Display Port out Video Lead for XBOX One,NS,Mac,1080P 60Hz,Not Bidirectional https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G796JF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7e6nFbX3F1D76

Anyone have a same setup or can recommend a cost effective solution?

thanks

Sekiro

Visit site
I’ve came across this issue before, had a bit of a nightmare as everything seemed to be display-port to hdmi and not the other way around (for some reason the cables aren’t compatible when swapped over).

You might be able to find some sort of AV/KVM switch that would allow you to do this but I’d fear the price will be astronomical.

The one you’ve linked seems to be the appropriate solution, but damn, £28 for a cable where the other way around would have been a fiver.... that’s insane!

Mannion

Visit site
The one you have linked will do the job, I'm surprised it's so expensive though and can't find any cheaper. Must be uncommon

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds similar to the problem I've had with my work stuff at home, connecting an old-ish monitor to a new laptop. Monitor doesn't have HDMI socket. I am using an adaptor so the old screw-in VGA plus becomes an HDMI - but it keeps cutting out for a second every now and then. Got them to send me a Displayport to HDMI cable - but it simply doesn't work for some reason. I have no idea why.