Any Photographers out there?

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
[/QUOTE] its very clever stuff.! thats for sure.
Have you any tips for landscape photography? do u use a digital slr now?

[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm digital now and have been for a few years. I was reluctant for a while as no D cameras came close to my Canon Eos1RS, it could shoot 10 frames a second and there was no mirror black out when taking a shot. That changed a few years ago with the Eos 20D and although it's old in digital terms now the race bike photo above was shot on the 20d. To be honest it's the 300m 2.8 lens, 1X4 converter and good fucusing that gets results like that.

For landscape stuff, well, you need a good tripod like a Manfrotto. Use a auto release or timer with mirror lock up if you can. Manual focus on the object that is closest (not too close) in the frame and put on plenty depth of field, say F12/F16. If your inexperienced use “depth of field preview” (if your cameras got it) to make sure your sharp from front to back.

In the photo below I focused on the rocks at the bottom of the photo.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Love some of these pics.

I enjoy taking pictures myself.

I recently upgraded to a Nikon Digital SLR as seen by the lads who came to princes. Very nice bit of kit, just a shame the £3k worth of lenses from my old film pentax SLR dont fit without a convertor (which I dont want to do) so got some serious outlay to come. Atleast the flash-gun and filters are still good.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
shanker, all my own. the tigers were taken in Malacca and the parrot in Colchester.

I think I might look around for an evening class in photography to while away the golfless winter evenings.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some really good stuff on here guys, love it. I recently bought a decent digital SLR from a friend and am getting to grips with it. I take pictures at my son's football matches to stop me shouting encouragement at the kids! Also like to do some landscape stuff, and plan to use the long lens to try and get some none intrusive golf shots (without slowing play down!).

Question - I have searched old threads, but can't find out how you are inserting pictures in posts - can any of you post a quick pointer?

Cheers!!!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
to insert a picture it first has to have a 'internet location'. therefore first thing you need to do is open an account with flikr or photobucket or a similar site, (unless you already have a website where you post in which case they will already have a location). most of these sites work similarly though upload limits differ for free accounts.

once you have your access, upload the pics that you want to post. once uploaded they will gain an identity which will look something like:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/. . . . . . .jpg

it must start http and should end jpg (though gif works as well) you can find this by right clicking the uploaded image and opening properties

you now you can post them. In the edit window (there's more than one way to do this but this works) type

(no spaces) but what will be displayed is the image, that's it

3012190319_19feed8f4d_s.jpg

one thing for some reason some pics import very big and demand lots of space so it might be kind to experiment to see if reducing the size of the image file you upload to flikr has any effect.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
a>

Took this and tried to get what I would have with my old camera but not quite with new digital one