Another spectator hit

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just watched a re-run of a Master Class on Sky. When the winner was interviewed he freely admitted that playing into the last green he was trying to miss long because he knew if he went into the grandstand he'd get a free drop and it would be a basic chip... If that is the underlying thought process of all pros then it won't be the last time this happens.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just watched a re-run of a Master Class on Sky. When the winner was interviewed he freely admitted that playing into the last green he was trying to miss long because he knew if he went into the grandstand he'd get a free drop and it would be a basic chip... If that is the underlying thought process of all pros then it won't be the last time this happens.
Van de velde had the same thought at the open. Smack it into the stand and get a free drop. It hit some railing, and spanged off. Could have killed someone, but he didn't give a stuff.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, I'm not joking. Wearing something to protect yourself from the possibility of losing an eye or perhaps sustaining an intercranial bleed seems eminently sensible. What is your objection to it?

I'd never go to another golf event again, I wonder just how many would!
I'd sooner pay attention to where I was standing and what the golfers' were doing.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Motorbike style crash helmets is a good solution. This will only protect the head though, so perhaps a suit of armour to take care of the body?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a complete suit!

Fallout_4_Figure_T-60_Power_Armor_Three_A_1_0004_600x600.PNG