Another great football export

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It happens across all European football, it's a bit harsh to suggest we've exported it.

Indeed. Germany has a big problem as does Russia. Both have facist undertones. Seem to remember a documentary last year where the reporter went to meet some of these "fans". They were purely interested in a row and many didn't even go to the game

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's one of the cringiest things I've ever seen. I hate any form of violence but how can 2 recently manufactured franchises with no history suddenly despise each other enough to have a scrap?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's one of the cringiest things I've ever seen. I hate any form of violence but how can 2 recently manufactured franchises with no history suddenly despise each other enough to have a scrap?

Thats the point i think, football is used as an excuse for mindless violence. It has been for years, like homer said, many would probably not even know the result of the match, but they had a good fight.

Even at Newbury races last year, there was a 100+ man fight between Swansea and Cardiff "fans". The mindless thugs just use sporting events as a meeting point.

D

Deleted member 1740

Thats the point i think, football is used as an excuse for mindless violence. It has been for years, like homer said, many would probably not even know the result of the match, but they had a good fight.

Even at Newbury races last year, there was a 100+ man fight between Swansea and Cardiff "fans". The mindless thugs just use sporting events as a meeting point.

I love horse racing as a sport, gambling aside, but its a shame that sometimes race meetings attracts these types of idiots who only go there with the intentions of causing aggro.

I know there was that brawl at Ascot a few years ago but on the whole you never hear or see aggro at racing.