Annual Handicap Review

TheSilverFox89

Medal Winner
Visit site
from your home club records your consistency was the reason that you would have been flagged for review/reduction - nothing to do with the could have been element in your scores really.

you played to handicap (made buffer or better) in 7 of the 10 records I found which, for a cat 4 golfer is amazingly consistent

add the win in the early NQ 3 club event and there's not a lot of reason for the committee to ignore the system driven recommendation!

all the best for 2105

Cheers! Practice is definitely paying off.

On a side note, how did you check my details out? Through HDID or by another means?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
practice always pays off eventually - even more so in the first few years when accompanied by solid advice.

yes; HDID and a lot of clicking!

I didnt do it for you, but i am glad i am not the only HDID stalker around! Love looking at other clubs and players etc

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
What I cannot get my head around is that some courses drop the HCP through the winter season and others don't but they use the congu scoring system.

There was comp at our place last Sunday and a guy had his first handicap of 13 he then went out and shot 45 points having finished bogey double bogey bogey. Having shot four birdies in fifteen holes and one under after ten holes

how comes if he has been given an initial HCP he cannot be dropped til April but at other courses he can.

There is another lad at our place who has been walking comps literally week after week, but has never been dropped. It's got so bad that some people will not play in midweek comps if he's in them.

I saw this too and played with a 24hcap 1st award in the same comp. He shot 37 points with 2 blobs and a load of silly duff chips.
I wouldn't mind having a word at the club because the way he hit the ball 24 is not accurate by about 4 shots.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Oh joy of joys, Tashyboy was surfing the tinternet last night and having a look at the new club website, Lo and behold he finds his handicap has been reduced by 1.

muchos Grazias Mr Congu. Anyway, one of the lads put his first three cards in and was given an initial HC of 13, he has not played anywhere near that and was raised 2 shots so he will be happy.

the guy who bladdered 45 points in his one and only comp was dropped two shots.

Finally, whilst skipping around the club shop today telling everyone am in the zone, one of the lads asked about the young lad who has won six nine holers during the winter. It was mentioned that Mr Congus computer did its stuff, but the committee sat and discussed other players and laddo was mentioned, but his handicap has stayed the same because all his scores were on nine hole comps and his game could suffer through fatigue on the back nine. Needless to say for those that know him. Well it went down like a "fart in a space suit".

me am just chuffed at being "in the zone".

PS, congrats to the four lads from Bostom who won our am am today in gorgeous weather. Us four "undateables came fifth from 17.