Andalucía Masters Coverage

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seems like the crew had to catch flights to China to cover this week's WGC.
Campillo was dq'd, possibly because he's playing in China and also had a flight to catch so he didn't show for the resumption of play.
Bit of an anti climax but if that's the reason then I can understand it.

D

Deleted member 1147

I believe the camera crews may have moved on to China, and so weren’t available to cover it.
A friend of mine saw John E Morgan in Nerja, who said he wouldn’t be going back to Valderrama.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Seems like the crew had to catch flights to China to cover this week's WGC.
Campillo was dq'd, possibly because he's playing in China and also had a flight to catch so he didn't show for the resumption of play.
Bit of an anti climax but if that's the reason then I can understand it.
Fair enough. Not sure I get the Sky Sports issue though.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s quite poor really - the self proclaimed Home of Golf couldn’t even organise to show extended live coverage on their golf channel , there are plenty of OB crews around Europe that they could have used , European Tour were showing pictures of the action

Remember when BBC got pelters because they didn’t start an extended Monday until 12 i think it was - plenty of comments that it “wouldn’t happen on Sky” - well they went a bit further and didn’t show one single shot. Home of European Tour Golf and instead on their “dedicated” Golf channel they showed highlights of the shortened Sunday 😂

Oh well at least they are showing the Trilby Tour later :rolleyes:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yet they have the nerve to charge £18 a month for sky golf (if you just get the one channel)

Lost the pga .. and couldn’t sort out coverage for a Monday of this tournament

Poor

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s quite poor really - the self proclaimed Home of Golf couldn’t even organise to show extended live coverage on their golf channel , there are plenty of OB crews around Europe that they could have used , European Tour were showing pictures of the action

Remember when BBC got pelters because they didn’t start an extended Monday until 12 i think it was - plenty of comments that it “wouldn’t happen on Sky” - well they went a bit further and didn’t show one single shot. Home of European Tour Golf and instead on their “dedicated” Golf channel they showed highlights of the shortened Sunday 😂

There's a slight difference between not televising the start of the last round of the open and not televising the end of a 2 bob tournament that hardly anyone is interested in anyway.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Well that was predictable......

Silly old sky for booking their crew to leave the day after a tournament finishes so as to be efficient as possible with their budgets.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Silly old sky for booking their crew to leave the day after a tournament finishes so as to be efficient as possible with their budgets.....
It was one of the most important last days for a good number of golfers due to Tour cards being on the line and the last day for some to try and get their tour card for next yeat .

It was quite clear that there were going to be weather issues and there were zero contingency plans in place just in case. Sky hire or use their own camera crews and the event would have been covered by a number of OB crews for broadcasters and it wouldnt have taken much to get a feed for the few hours it was live instead of showing a repeat of sunday. People say they show a commitment to golf and ET golf - well they didnt this time and should be rightly criticised for it

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

rare youll see me agree with phil on this but for me sky got this one horribly wrong, garcia winning in spain and the day those lower down were fighting for their tour cards, barely a murmur from sky just claimed some technical issues. it boils down to sky cutting budgets and corners where they can and the fan losing out. it was pretty clear by friday that there was a decent chance the tournament could go to monday and sky chose not to put contingency plans in place, just downed tools and offed to china

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think you'll find that as well as the logistical nightmare of having to get camera crews back, pay for extra air fares etc isn't viable and that a lot of the coverage is actually provided by European Tour productions as well. I don't see how any organisation including BBC would have been able to solve the problems. THere simply wouldn't have been enough bodies on the ground to make it decent coverage.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think you'll find that as well as the logistical nightmare of having to get camera crews back, pay for extra air fares etc isn't viable and that a lot of the coverage is actually provided by European Tour productions as well. I don't see how any organisation including BBC would have been able to solve the problems. THere simply wouldn't have been enough bodies on the ground to make it decent coverage.

you dont have to get camera crews back if you dont let them leave in the first place!

the obvious solution was a compromise coverage with less cameras but sky chose the wrong option and they continue to devalue their product and offering across many sports

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
you dont have to get camera crews back if you dont let them leave in the first place!

the obvious solution was a compromise coverage with less cameras but sky chose the wrong option and they continue to devalue their product and offering across many sports
Very true but as I said I am sure the coverage was shared between Sky and European Tour productions. As the attached shows ETP actually provide the technical staff so it wouldn't have been Sky's call. http://www.europeantour.com/tourgroup/tourproductions/index.html

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
rare youll see me agree with phil on this but for me sky got this one horribly wrong, garcia winning in spain and the day those lower down were fighting for their tour cards, barely a murmur from sky just claimed some technical issues. it boils down to sky cutting budgets and corners where they can and the fan losing out. it was pretty clear by friday that there was a decent chance the tournament could go to monday and sky chose not to put contingency plans in place, just downed tools and offed to china

I'm not disagreeing that it would be good to of had more coverage.

But any business that runs to a tight budget will have constraints on their flexibility. The fact it was clear friday that weather would play a part is largely irrelevant as their plans are now doubt done weeks/months in advance.

The fact they neglected it afterwards is obviously a way of them trying to hide the fact they aren't there.

But tbh my original point was simply the predictability if the point scoring.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It was one of the most important last days for a good number of golfers due to Tour cards being on the line and the last day for some to try and get their tour card for next yeat .

It was quite clear that there were going to be weather issues and there were zero contingency plans in place just in case. Sky hire or use their own camera crews and the event would have been covered by a number of OB crews for broadcasters and it wouldnt have taken much to get a feed for the few hours it was live instead of showing a repeat of sunday. People say they show a commitment to golf and ET golf - well they didnt this time and should be rightly criticised for it

My point was quite clearly that you'll defend the BBC to the death but will point score against sky.

As to the importance of this event. Whilst it was important to those hoping to keep a card. In the grand scheme if things. Those players aren't what sky will base their product on.

Just like premier league football will be their main product and not the championship or below....

D

Deleted member 15344

My point was quite clearly that you'll defend the BBC to the death but will point score against sky.

As to the importance of this event. Whilst it was important to those hoping to keep a card. In the grand scheme if things. Those players aren't what sky will base their product on.

Just like premier league football will be their main product and not the championship or below....
Concentrate on the body of the post and what I was saying as opposed to posting against the poster - it’s all over social media about how poor it was of Sky to walk away , go and have a crusade on Twitter against all those with the exact same point.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Concentrate on the body of the post and what I was saying as opposed to posting against the poster - it’s all over social media about how poor it was of Sky to walk away , go and have a crusade on Twitter against all those with the exact same point.

You can’t always hide behind the old poster not post.
You generally defend the bbc and point score against sky.

I very rarely go on Twitter, but if I’d seen something I’d have commented that logistics would have played their part. Expecting me to argue. With every other one who shares your opinion would be the same as me expecting you to do the exact same as me expecting you to argue with everyone on Twitter who’s defending sky. Which tbf may well be reasonable.......

You earlier mentioned the slagging of of bbc re the open coverage. I can’t be bothered to go and look, but as you often expect others to prove their point. If you find said feed and you’re not defending the bbc. I’ll happily accept that I’m in the wrong.....

And for the record. Recheck your op. It wasn’t until the second paragraph you tried to justify the point scoring.