American golf show Manchester

paulv

Hacker
Visit site
I went yesterday, Its worth a visit today if your near manchester. All the manufactures are there and will let you try anything but be prepared to wait to test clubs at taylormade/titleist/callaway. I waited about 20 mins for these brands. No wait at cleveland/wilson/benross etc

If you only want to try ping don't even bother, there queue wasn't any longer than anyone else's but they were taking ages to get thorough people I waited 30 mins and the sue didn't even move so left them out.

It was nice to chat to the pros from the different manufactures - I never thought I had a high enough swing speed for a stiff shaft in my driver, but tried a few and fixed my dispersion issues and generally got a better strike. I will probably be getting myself an M2 off the back of this show. I have never hit my driver as well as I was hitting the M2.

They are running a long drive comp as you go in, realistically unless you can hit around the 300 mark you just wasting your time queuing for it. I was surprised how man people were attempting it that couldn't hit it past 250. The longest on the board at 1200 was 340.

Last edited:

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
We had huge crowds yesterday and some really great feedback we are In full swing again today and would encourage anyone to come down. Open today until 5pm entry is free including the parking

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
We had huge crowds yesterday and some really great feedback we are In full swing again today and would encourage anyone to come down. Open today until 5pm entry is free including the parking

I think the UK is crying out for a great golf show that does not just mostly feature travel agents, so best of luck and hope it is a success if you are doing something different.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not long back from it. It was superb. Loved every minute......it was a golf nuts dream. Well done AG. I've just put a review up of it aswell.