Alternative to Taylor Made R7 Draw Driver

JimBobxxxx

Visit site
Hi,

A while ago I changed from a rubbish old driver that I really liked to a Taylor Made R7 Draw which I have never got on with. I don't really need or want a correction club - just a forgiving club.

I'm high twenties. With the Taylor Made R7 Draw, I am skying the ball most of the time. I do not have a slice or hook, but do have great problem with direction, but I think I can only correct that by adjusting my stance and swing.

My overall feeling with the Taylor Made R7 Draw is constantly thinking that the weight is in the wrong place. I find addressing the ball with it very difficult as it feels as if the club wants to turn in my hands (closing the face).

So, any recommendation for clubs I should try instead?

Cheers,

James

A

Alex1975

New or 2nd hand? how much you wana spend?

Its a pretty open question but the short answer is anything you feel more comfortable with, i e something that is square at address.

I like many had awesome results with the Callaway FT-iQ, it is a great driver for your standard and really tought me to drive the ball. They are too cheep 2nd hand too, maybe £60-80

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went from R7 Draw to R7 Limited but that you will probably only get secondhand now.

Getting the Draw was a big mistake, persuaded by a silver tongued DG salesman. Got to be like you, always doubting it and forever fiddling trying to eliminate the bias.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The R7 Ltd is a lovely looking club and I still use mine when the Tour Burner is doing a shift on the naughty step. If you want TM specifically the 08 burners were going for around £80 in AG recently so shop around. If you are open to offers I suggest you have a look online and see what grabs your attention. Personally I'd prefer to try before I buy so it might be worth seeing what your local pros and driving ranges have 2nd hand that you could hit

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
G10? Great club from ping and has a good stock shaft and a good face.

They also last well and can be picked up 2nd hand in some golf shops quite cheap!

JimBobxxxx

Visit site
Thanks to all for advice. Glad to hear someone else had trouble with the draw and I'm not going mad. I think a visit to AG and/or GB is in order. Not sure I want to start fiddling with weights as I wouldn't have a clue what I'm doing!

Many thanks.

James

JimBobxxxx

Visit site
Went to AG and tried a Nicklaus 10.5, G10 9 and Diablo Edge 10.5. Bought the Diablo Edge 10.5 in the end. Also bought the 4 hybrid (24 degrees). Couldn't get the 3 Hybrid away! With trade in got the driver for £100. Not quite such a good deal on the hybrid!

Many thanks again.

James