Airplane rant

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I take my wife and two children to Dubai every second year and fly business class with Emirates from Glasgow.My kids are 13 and 8, and having a dad who owns a travel company means they've racked up a fair old number of flights for their age ( 13 year old has been on 43 flight).
Anyway, checking in at Glasgow last year, some old guy tapped me on the shoulder and said I must be in the wrong queue as this was business class and me having kids wouldn't be allowed to 'turn left' as he put it.I explained my kids were perfectly well behaved and having purchased tickets for them, they're entitled to travel in the posh cabin.Old guy not happy.He complains to the check in staff and insists he's put as far away from me and the family as possible.Fair doo's I think, the kids will be asleep 5 minutes into the flight anyway.
In the Emirates lounge he approaches me again to clarify that my kids have no right to be flying business and he's complained to the airline.He tells me this is his first time upgraded as a gift from his family and he'll be damned if my children will ruin it.So, he's not paid for his ticket, I've paid for 4 and he's lecturing.So I have a choice, either start a barney with this guy and make my wife feel uncomfortable, or just nod and take his crap.I take the crap, my kids are as good as gold and he glares at us during a 7 hour flight to Dubai.

Anyone of any age can act like a muppet on a flight, in any cabin on any carrier.And for the OP, I really hope you had a terrible flight and you're staying in a dump.

You're a better man than me

S

Snelly

Welcome to the 21st century, I'm glad you've joined us mate, but your thoughts are still back in the 1800's.

This is clearly a difference in generations, as a 24 yer old I detest being called sir. It is class based (knighthood?...Sir Jimmy S...)

I'd much rather be your mate than sir. Much more friendly to those whooshes heads aren't up their rear ends.

Dave,

You sound like you have a white van. Mate is not an acceptable term of address unless from a friend.

There are several books available at the moment that help you to behave like a gentleman, even if you are not one.

I will buy you one if you wish?

Regards,

Snelly

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are you serious??

No matter who you fly with or how much you pay you have paid for a seat on the aircraft where you are entitled to sit undisturbed and without other peoples kids running around, kicking your chair, screaming and shouting or whatever other nonsense they get up to.

I have flown many times(with varying levels of cost/standard) and to many different parts of the world with my 2 kids from when they were of a young age and never once have they disturbed other people on a flight. From your post I presume you think its ok for kids to run around and make a lot of noise and disturbance on a flight just because someone hasnt paid for Business or First Class.

Terrible attitude and I bet you would be first to complain if you werent happy with something on your expensive flight:rolleyes:

Why are you blaming the kids? I'd be looking for the parents to take action against their child's behaviour. My point re BA is that there is less likely to be several 'tracksuit families' due to the higher costs than Jet2 or Easyjet.

Just a point, when a child were you whiter than white? Never caused any trouble? Never had a tantrum? I bet at least once in your life someone thought of your (or that of your kids') actions ".....I wish that little prick'd keep his mouth shut and sit down....."

To be quite frank if someone else's kids are causing mayhem running up and down the plane that's their problem. I couldn't give a toss. If I wanted peace and quiet and tranquility I'd just go on holiday in the UK and drive there in the car with no kids in sight.

I've never complained about another passenger -or the service received in all the times I've flown.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave,

You sound like you have a white van. Mate is not an acceptable term of address unless from a friend.

There are several books available at the moment that help you to behave like a gentleman, even if you are not one.

I will buy you one if you wish?

Regards,

Snelly

Can I have one?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dave , i work in aftersales in the car business , i check the list of car reg numbers for the next days bookings , i get the customers name so im prepared for the next morning , depending on how well i know the customer and the customers age my greeting will vary from
Good Morning Dave , how are you
Good morning Mr/Mrs (enter second name )
If a person presents him/herself & i dont know them by name , it will be
Good Morning Sir/madam how may i help you ?..

Its a professional approach that is expected in my line of work , If i refered to a customer as mate id be called in to bosses office ..