Airplane rant

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's offski time again, a glorious week in the sun of the Canaries. Great, the only thing that spoils it is the flight out and back, why is it spoiled I hear you ask. Well, it's other peoples brats that scream the flipping plane down when taking off and landing. When they are not screaming they are kicking the back of my seat or wanting to get up for a walk around every 3 mins. Then there are the ones who stand on the back of the seat and peer over drooling with a dummy in their gobs. Why do people take kids on planes? I've seen better behaved monkeys in a zoo.....I cannot abide chavs kids on planes. Not looking forward to the flight at all as usual. Aaaaaaaaaargh.
I wish I could pay extra for a kid free flight.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
why not pay extra and go somewhere less 'chavvy'?

The canaries are mostly a family and party destination. All inclusive attracts families and people on a tighter budget.

Or simply knock yourself out with a sedative and alcohol mix.....

Hooper

Head Pro
Visit site
It's offski time again, a glorious week in the sun of the Canaries. Great, the only thing that spoils it is the flight out and back, why is it spoiled I hear you ask. Well, it's other peoples brats that scream the flipping plane down when taking off and landing. When they are not screaming they are kicking the back of my seat or wanting to get up for a walk around every 3 mins. Then there are the ones who stand on the back of the seat and peer over drooling with a dummy in their gobs. Why do people take kids on planes? I've seen better behaved monkeys in a zoo.....I cannot abide chavs kids on planes. Not looking forward to the flight at all as usual. Aaaaaaaaaargh.

You can pay. It's called business class. ;-).

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
that was me then last week flying to spain with 3 kids under 5.

I take it you dont have any by the rant, by the way. My 3 were perfectly behaved and didnt scream, shout, kick about. (to be fair, i had sedated them, but thats beside the point)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Call that a rant?
That's not a rant
You want a rant?
I'll give you a rant

It's 'AEROPLANE' not airplane ;)

At least you didn't call it an airplaine :confused:

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought it was wrong, What a knob
ugly_irre.gif

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thought it was wrong, What a knob
ugly_irre.gif

Door handle?

I do agree, my solution would be to reduce the oxygen levels in the cabin, put everyone to sleep for the entire journey. Either that or hand out free sedative laced orange juice to every kid on board.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There should be a seperate area for kids on planes like there use to be for smokers!
And a seperate check in.
And seperate transfers to the hotel.

In fact passports shouldn't be available to under 18s. Unless they're emigrating for good.
:rant:

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to Gran Canaria once, lovely apart from the ash for sand, the cockroaches a big as mice, the rats running around the Zoo, the mentally ill beggars and of course the Chavs. Try a posher destination... like Blackpool.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There should be a seperate area for kids on planes like there use to be for smokers!
And a seperate check in.
And seperate transfers to the hotel.

In fact passports shouldn't be available to under 18s. Unless they're emigrating for good.
:rant:

Never understood that smoking area, it's not like the smoke knew about it

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah talking of staff when did it become ok to call passengers 'Mate'? Surely it should be Sir/Madam?

Wow...seriously who do you think you are? Queen effin Sheba or something.

If you've got a problem, pay for a better flight, if you can't afford that, stop complaining.

I would never, ever call anyone sir or madam unless they actually deserved it, some pompus nobody on my jet2 flight would not be called sir or madam. But if I was working on the reception of the ritz, than yes, maybe you'd get a sir or madam.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow..... seriously I think I am the person who pays their wages at the time I am travelling, some people like to be called 'mate' 'pal' 'chum' and the like. I do not. I have travelled all over the world this isn't my first flight, I can afford to go anywhere I want anytime I want. Just because I have chosen to go somewhere closer to home doesn't mean that I have to put up with downmarket customer service, something that strangely this country seems to excel in because people just accept anything they get thrown at them and put up with it.
Anyway off to the airport or aeroport (just in case I get it wrong again) Sun here I come.

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow..... seriously I think I am the person who pays their wages at the time I am travelling, some people like to be called 'mate' 'pal' 'chum' and the like. I do not. I have travelled all over the world this isn't my first flight, I can afford to go anywhere I want anytime I want. Just because I have chosen to go somewhere closer to home doesn't mean that I have to put up with downmarket customer service, something that strangely this country seems to excel in because people just accept anything they get thrown at them and put up with it.
Anyway off to the airport or aeroport (just in case I get it wrong again) Sun here I come.

British Airways fly to the Canaries as well as all the budget providers. You get what you pay for. Put up or shut up.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
British Airways fly to the Canaries as well as all the budget providers. You get what you pay for. Put up or shut up.

Are you serious??

No matter who you fly with or how much you pay you have paid for a seat on the aircraft where you are entitled to sit undisturbed and without other peoples kids running around, kicking your chair, screaming and shouting or whatever other nonsense they get up to.

I have flown many times(with varying levels of cost/standard) and to many different parts of the world with my 2 kids from when they were of a young age and never once have they disturbed other people on a flight. From your post I presume you think its ok for kids to run around and make a lot of noise and disturbance on a flight just because someone hasnt paid for Business or First Class.

Terrible attitude and I bet you would be first to complain if you werent happy with something on your expensive flight:rolleyes: