Airline ticket name change... WTF

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So booked flights with a middle eastern airlines for a long haul journey. Everything was right. Till i spotted that my title is MRS rather than MR.
1) Called up the the agency who did the booking and they cant change it. Asked to speak to Airlines
2) Called the Airlines and they cant change it. Asked to speak to agency. No guarantee that they would let me on the flight!!

How in God's name does one change a title. Airlines came up with a brilliant plan. Cancel my ticket and rebook. I had paid about £500
1) I will get a refund of about £100
2) New ticket is about £2300

So just to change my title, I will shell out about £2400. It is probably cheaper for me to have a gender reassignment surgery than change my ticket details.

on second thoughts, if i became a woman, i could win a few ladies golf tournaments.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wear a burka... and if they get upset, tell them your having a mid life crisis but as you do talk to an imaginary person who is very complementary.

Or just say "I wont change it, check the passport number I used to buy the ticket and ask them why they made the error and you are deeply offended."

Either way this is a minor issue of no consequence in the grand scheme of things.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wear a burka... and if they get upset, tell them your having a mid life crisis but as you do talk to an imaginary person who is very complementary.

Or just say "I wont change it, check the passport number I used to buy the ticket and ask them why they made the error and you are deeply offended."

Either way this is a minor issue of no consequence in the grand scheme of things.

if i wear a burka.. I might get Postman BoJo come knocking..