A glorious Saturday at Muckhart

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
So I am in the midst of taking a break for a couple of weeks to rest the wrist injury that I have been carrying for a few months.
It was my wedding anniversary weekend and the present I got for the wife was I built her a new driver, head sourced from a club builder that makes their own kit, lovely hand rolled titanium head (in pink and chrome) paired with an Aldila NV55 in pink and a pink MC grip (she likes pink). She just got new irons so it seemed to make a sensible present.
So anyway, presented this to her yesterday morning and she wanted to get out there with it so I also agreed to caddy for her while she took it for a test drive (boom boom).
A fine day saw her get round a quick 9 in +2 gross (level nett) and hitting 5 out of 6 fairways with the new driver and the one she missed was by about 2".
Point of the post was the while I wasn't concentrating on playing it gave me the opportunity to take a couple of nice pictures that I wouldn't normally get the chance to :)
It was a lovely day and it was nice to be able to just wander around for a change and see how the game should​ be played :D

Par 3 6th green looking quite nice following a load of work on it
20120915_111434.jpg

View from the par 5 7th tee, one of the best views on the course
20120915_111413.jpg

Looking up the 7th fairway from about half way (green sits beyond the crest of the hill)
20120915_111746.jpg

Par 5 8th tee looking down over Naemoor and the Ochil foot-hills
20120915_112417.jpg

8th Tee looking down the fairway
20120915_112353.jpg

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
What a relief! Bunch of guys from my club had an outing to yours yesterday.... I was worried your title was ironic and your thread about whatever carnage they caused!

Nice pix.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
What a relief! Bunch of guys from my club had an outing to yours yesterday.... I was worried your title was ironic and your thread about whatever carnage they caused!

Nice pix.

Yeah there were two visiting parties yesterday (and it was pro's day too) one party was 32 people and apparently they raised a few eyebrows with their conduct later (and Muckhart is by no means a stuffy rules driven club), don't know if that was your guys as the second party was smaller at 8 and they were well behaved by all accounts.

Course was in great condition as the pics show, was just nice to have a wander without worrying about where it all went wrong.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah there were two visiting parties yesterday (and it was pro's day too) one party was 32 people and apparently they raised a few eyebrows with their conduct later (and Muckhart is by no means a stuffy rules driven club), don't know if that was your guys as the second party was smaller at 8 and they were well behaved by all accounts.

I reckon our guys were the larger party..... :eek: