90% production Ibiza 10% concept car

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
The SEAT BocaNegra.
1.4 twin turbo low emission with 7 speed DSG seq gearbox.
Jon, Id say you would shift a few of these!!
http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=811&Itemid=1

Nice or what? Looks like seat are getting back to nice looking motors again after a temporary blip into vancars.
http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.ph..._serialNumber=2

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
WOW!!!

One of our cars is a new model Seat Leon, Was thinking of getting another Seat, this has just confirmed my thought that Seat are a good make! And I should stick with them.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
being a 1.4 id guess around group 15 the same as all the previous incarnations of the cupra and cupra sport have been, I've been a SEAT driver for years, had a sporty 96 ibiza mk2, then a 99 cordoba coupe 2.0 16v and currently own a 2004 leon cupra 20v turbo and an 08 octavia vrs.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
nice motor. Any idea on what the starting price for one is going to be? I don't know if it said it on the link page but I couldn't be bothered to read all the info, pictures sold it for me.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went to look at an 06 octavia vrs the other day but its they have 2.o TT engines in dont they, i want a diesel engine so gonna try pick up a fabia vrs. Them things shift after a remap. and still return 60mpg. Insurance group is only 9 i think! I was gonna get a cupra before i got me astra!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tony, I have a 2.0 16v pdtdi 170 brake, its a bit harsh in first gear traction wise but is bundles of fun cross country, not just as sharp as my leon cupra though (fettled a fair bit)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed mate the traction control in the fabia is absent in first even when its switched on, but its so torquey that as soon as your moving you can get it straight into second. Remap will cost about 500 quid and take the 0-60 to about 6.5 seconds with a few little tweeks. Monster of a little car. I want somethi with a little pull, good on the juice and practical, fabia meets all the demands!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
My leon has stage 2 revo software which is pricey, remaps can be gotten for less than 300 though, chipped uk would be one place you could try. A mate of mine has went into being a chipped Ni dealer after getting his equipment from chipped uk.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Superchips from demon tweeks would be what i would get if i got the fabia. About 500 quid but an extra 50 break i think and bags, bags more torque, good mpg return and they will even put the map back on for a fraction of the cost IF for some reason it is taken off during a service or somethin. And they cover there map with a warrenty should anything go wrong with the car! The chap who works for them said he bought a fabia brand new and had it re-mapped within 3 hours of picking it up. Lad i know had it done and my best mate is considering it too. Only other thing i would consider is picking up the 1.9 astra, sri. I have the 1.6 sxi and love it, but it eats fuel like the wednesday club sneak in the naughty's. A remap on the 1.9 takes the bhp to over 200 and the talk to 330 i think.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Brendy is bang on the money about the PD 170 engines. The 150 golfs were the same (I have a GT TDI 150 at the moment) where traction was concerned. They are a bitch in the wet as there is so much torque the front wheels want to spin away furiously.

Beware the claims of some of these superchips and re-maps. Make sure you get one with prooven gains. I think the 50bhp mentioned by Tony is a tad optimistic for just a chip.

A pal of mine does the remaps on diesel cars and they do work. He does everything from fords to mercedes and he is good at it.

If it is a high powered diesel you seek I dont think you can go wrong with one of the VW/Audi V6 Tdi's or a mercedes e320.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its not a chip jon it is an actual remap and as mentioned i know a mate who had it done, my best mate is considering and i was talking to the head honcho(spelling?) who also did his own fabia. They are a big, respected company round the north west and even supply the guys who race for a living.

He printed out a graph with the before and afters on for the fabia and for my astra. Gotta say for 500 quid its worth it just to get ya mpg up, never mind the power gains.

The fabia VRS i think is so under estimated by many! In my opinion, (apart from the price of the fuel) Diesel engines are the way forward, I prefere the torque than the power and the average diesel engine is now not that much slower than equivelant petrol engines but you get more for ya £ and ya tax is normally cheaper. Wish i never switched to petrol!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
The problem with these high powered diesels is that MPG is good normally but if you drive them hard enough to get the performance you desire you are better off with a petrol.

Had a mondeo ST TDCI, driven normally it was nudging 40 but driven quickly was down to 23ish. Drive a petrol mondeo hard and you will get 30ish no probs.

Horses for courses really, I would prefer the diesels by a long shot because under normal driving conditions they are far superior to petrol cars. My GT TDI up here does a comfortable 50mpg whereas a 1.6 golf would struggle to do 35 round the town.

As for the Fabia Tony, go for one if you like them as they are a great car and with the V.A.G pedigree you can't go wrong.

I still would like an obscenely large petrol car like an e-class or a Jag, 1) becuase I love the smell of petrol 2) because I love the way they drive, and 3) these big lumpy motors stick 2 fingers right in the face of these hippy types.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
haha i actually just laughed out loud! Hippy's

Yeah i mostly will drive it normally but its good to know the power is there should you need it!

Only thing i dont like about diesels is changing gear at 4000 revs at most. seems like your forever declutching.

I do alot of camping so i love the pull ya get with a car load of gear up and down the hills.

Will go have a look for some more tomorrow!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
As Cartman (southpark) would say "I hate those goddamm hippies"

Interesting story, at a party a friend of mine was having, a crusty kept going on about "what w@n**r's driving that merc?" I claimed responsibility and said tree-hugging idiot gave me an absolute tirade of abuse infront of my friends which is a liberty at the best of times.

I dragged him outside and made him start up his VW Beetle which was smoking like a chimney. I started my merc up, no smoke. I then (very politely of course) illustrated to this unwashed cretin that his old banger with ban the bomb signs on was an environmental nightmare compared to my low emmissions merc. There was now a gathered audience and boy did this guy look like an arse.

I really have an issue with these hippies. They don't work, live off of rich parents and just travel around taking on the next good cause. I have no time for them whatsoever, they stormed my local power station recently and shut it down, if I was in charge of the police it would have been co-ordinated charges of tear gas and batons all round.

I just cannot stand them, I have had a hippy-girl ask me how I sleep at night becuase I am a car dealer. She said that by selling cars I am killing the planet. Oh dear, I think her BO was more noxious than any exhaust fumes.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
again, i laughed out loud. One of the lads thinks am going nuts. 'you ok boss?'

But yeah your right, most of the time they go on so much about people killing the planet that actually forget to contribute to it! But thats another subject, dont get me started!

So anyway i just seen the new model of the Fabia VRS, nice inside but like an old ladies car on the outside.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
its just the whole shape, The new one riminds me of the 1 series beemer, like an old boot (no offence to those driving one)

Even the grill is a bit oap.

The last model wasnt a good looker, just an average hatch back, but the new model seems to have slipped back in time into a much squarer format. I really thought the latest model would be a big improvement, cause there was alot of room for that. But nah.