9 hole handicap reductions ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I scored 20 points in a 9 hole comp, par 34, SS 68, CSS- was n/a ?. I was cut .6 and delighted. But I was just wondering how it's worked out with only 9 holes being played.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I scored 20 points in a 9 hole comp, par 34, SS 68, CSS- was n/a ?. I was cut .6 and delighted. But I was just wondering how it's worked out with only 9 holes being played.

Provided your club applied for and correctly used a 9-hole SSS, a neutral 18 points is added to your 9-hole score and is gauged against the 9-hole SSS. Well played Billy, pity 18 holes is beyond you now.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Provided your club applied for and correctly used a 9-hole SSS, a neutral 18 points is added to your 9-hole score and is gauged against the 9-hole SSS. Well played Billy, pity 18 holes is beyond you now.
I thought you would know Jim, and also recognise my achievement and our !! limitations . (y) cheers and take care old pal..

:cry:BTW where's the cheers Smilie gone ?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its good that you appear to have a rated 9 holes you can play qualifiers on, we have a 9 hole course SSS for our ladies, but the men don't have one.

Well done on your cut!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks Louise, yes we had 9 holes re-measured by Scottish golf [ I think ] holes 1 to 7 played in that order, then holes 17 and 18
We also had new 9 hole score card printed and a new stroke index applied.
Suits a lot of us oldies, missing out some steep hills.

(y)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless he has a buggy😜
You're right Dave, but remember I did offer you a free ride/lift on my buggy.
I know I didn't play that well, but the buggy probably helped me get a draw with your kind self :ROFLMAO: . I really hope we get another game soon mate (y).

BTW , there's no buggies at my course kiddo, :devilish:
When you're my age you'll want them everywhere :love:.

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
A ‘neutral’ 18 points for the nine holes not played is added to the nine-hole Stableford score to determine whether players have played within, or better than, their Buffer Zones. For handicap purposes, when a player fails to return a score within their Buffer Zone the points accumulated over the nine holes played is doubled.

A Nine-Hole Competition Handicap Allowance must be calculated as follows:
[Exact Handicap + Nine-Hole SSS – (Nine-Hole Par x2)] / 2
For example, if the player has an Exact Handicap of 12.8 and the Nine-Hole SSS and Par are 69 and 34 respectively the Nine-Hole Competition Handicap Allowance is:
[12.8 + 69 – (34 x2)] / 2= [12.8 + 69 – 68] / 2 = 6.9 rounded to 7.

A CSS is not calculated for a nine hole qualifying competition