7 weeks to go

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
End of my Winter is traditionally next week.... Winter Open at Porthcawl on Tuesday, 2 days at Burnham, Thursday and Friday! @MendieGK I hear there are a few changes! (Slater went down for a look see)

I could have also played a Soc Day at St Georges Hill on the Wednesday, but had to work!

I assume we're going to get rained on! :oops:

ps...did I mention I've been to The Masters? :whistle:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
End of my Winter is traditionally next week.... Winter Open at Porthcawl on Tuesday, 2 days at Burnham, Thursday and Friday! @MendieGK I hear there are a few changes! (Slater went down for a look see)

I could have also played a Soc Day at St Georges Hill on the Wednesday, but had to work!

I assume we're going to get rained on! :oops:

ps...did I mention I've been to The Masters? :whistle:
So they’ve remodelled the 14th green and it’s not in play, so you play to a temp green at 85yds

The 12th fairway is also being remodelled so you currently play a 200yd par 3 to the actual green - fantastic golf hole

Siolag

Visit site
Opening day is March 28th, the following week is a stroke play medal. Then it’s a few weeks of stablefords before stroke play medals pretty much all summer. The championship qualifiers are quite early in the season, not that that has any real significance to me :).

For the first time, our lady members are playing on Saturdays in comps, meaning my fiancé and I can both play (albeit in different pairings). Looking forward to that.

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Not too fussed about winter ending. Just want the bloody wind and rain to stop so I can at leat get to the range and get some meaningful practice in :mad: