4 wheel vs 3 wheel push trolleys

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate the look of these four wheelers. Just my opinion but can't see what a four wheel model looking like a pram gives you compared to the three wheel options

Most prams are 3 wheelers these days.

4 wheels great stability, the Sn Mountain one I have folds down smaller than many 3 wheelers - the reason I bought mine was so that it would go in the back of a peugeot 306 with clubs as well.

You can let a 4 wheel go on its own down a slope - try that with a 3 wheeler and it will often tip over.

But the 3 wheelers are good also, some very good designs

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Most prams are 3 wheelers these days.

4 wheels great stability, the Sn Mountain one I have folds down smaller than many 3 wheelers - the reason I bought mine was so that it would go in the back of a peugeot 306 with clubs as well.

You can let a 4 wheel go on its own down a slope - try that with a 3 wheeler and it will often tip over.

But the 3 wheelers are good also, some very good designs

Like I say, it's just my view and I don't like the look of them. I understand what you're saying about stability but why would you let a trolly run down a hill anyway?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Had a Sun Mountain 4 wheeler, very good PROVIDED you had the dedicated bag to match the mounting system, now changed to a ClicGear 3 wheeler which for me is a lot better; rolls better, is taller which is very helpful in my case, only downer is it takes considerably more boot space than the Sun Mountain did.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have the Sun Mountain 4 wheeler and matched with the Sun Mountain bag it is a great combination - no straps or clips to worry about. Folds up very small and neat and feels like a solid piece of kit. Hasn't been field tested in a full east coast gale yes but feels very stable on the course. If you don't have a Sun Mountain bag I'd recommend trying your bag on it before you buy. The support at the bottom is narrow and shaped for the inset in the SM bags so may not work well with all bags.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a Sun Mountain 4 wheeler, with the carry bag and both are brilliant. Trolley is stable, light weight, easy to push, has a very handy brake next to the hand grips, has some nice features to store bottles, score cards, folds down small, goes into carry bag easily and fits into the boot of my Mazda 3.

This quick vid I took at Silloth last year in extremely windy conditions shows why 4 wheels are better than 3.

[video=vimeo;95844874]https://vimeo.com/95844874[/video]

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback all.

The pram comparisons were interesting (although perhaps more like a pushchair?).

Maybe it is a bit like wearing pink, you have to have a certain amount of self confidence to wear or push :D

If I do jump on the push trolley wagon at some point I'll look at both types more closely. Cheers.