4 ball golf tornament.

christine

Visit site
4 ball . can just a team of 2 with no one else to mark there card enter a 4 ball tornament. and if they do and win it should they be disquailified .

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4 ball . can just a team of 2 with no one else to mark there card enter a 4 ball tornament. and if they do and win it should they be disquailified .
Welcome...… :D:D
It shouldn't happen, but if they can't get a 'Marker' to score for a pair without playing partners then the organisers may allow it. Happened at Moortown GC earlier this year. However the guys didn't win..... potential to be rather 'awkward' if they were to come in with an impressive score but I can't see that they can be DQ'd if it's been agreed they can score their own card. If no marker then pairs should be moved forwards where possible until a marker can be found.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welcome...… :D:D
It shouldn't happen, but if they can't get a 'Marker' to score for a pair without playing partners then the organisers may allow it. Happened at Moortown GC earlier this year. However the guys didn't win..... potential to be rather 'awkward' if they were to come in with an impressive score but I can't see that they can be DQ'd if it's been agreed they can score their own card. If no marker then pairs should be moved forwards where possible until a marker can be found.
I've seen a few 6 balls playing when no marker is available, not ideal but sometimes necessary.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would be a matter entirely at the discretion of the committee in charge of the event.
Texas scramble teams mark their own team card, am-am best 2 from 4 team events play and mark their own team card etc etc - the concept isn't an issue at all.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It would be a matter entirely at the discretion of the committee in charge of the event.
Texas scramble teams mark their own team card, am-am best 2 from 4 team events play and mark their own team card etc etc - the concept isn't an issue at all.
Have those formats been recognised formally? Do the Rules apply to them?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s a game of trust at the end of the day.
Happened at our club last month.
Both members were well known and came second.
There were no complaints as they are good golfers so 43 pts is a good score
They beat us by one .
If it’s an open where players are not known ,I think that may differ slightly but I would have no problem with it.
But others might, can’t please everyone.

D

Deleted member 25172

It’s a game of trust at the end of the day.
Happened at our club last month.
Both members were well known and came second.
There were no complaints as they are good golfers so 43 pts is a good score
They beat us by one .
If it’s an open where players are not known ,I think that may differ slightly but I would have no problem with it.
But others might, can’t please everyone.

A few of the guys at my club went to Woburn last week for a corporate thing where it was 2 best scores out of 4 and the winning team came in with 96 points...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A few of the guys at my club went to Woburn last week for a corporate thing where it was 2 best scores out of 4 and the winning team came in with 96 points...
That’s a very good score for two counting.
But I have played in one where 107pts won and nearest to them was 88 .