2021 Majors

Hoganman1

Visit site
Well, the majors are "in the books" for another year. I was pleased with all the winners. I always feel a little melancholy when they're over for the year. I know there's plenty of golf left but I don't get that excited about the FEDEX Cup. Also, I struggle with the Ryder Cup. I know I'm supposed to pull for the US. However, I like many of the European players better that some of our guys. I guess the Olympic golf will be fun to watch. It's just that for me the majors are the pinnacle of the golf year. On the bright side it's only eight months until they tee it up at Augusta.

D

Deleted member 15344

Shouldn’t have moved the US PGA - it’s ruined the major calender - will look forward to the Ryder Cup now

It’s a bit poor that they moved the US PGA so that they could move the Fed Ex playoffs because they clashed with the NFL

Hoganman1

Visit site
Shouldn’t have moved the US PGA - it’s ruined the major calender - will look forward to the Ryder Cup now

It’s a bit poor that they moved the US PGA so that they could move the Fed Ex playoffs because they clashed with the NFL

Yes. However, it's so hot over here in August it was starting to limit where they could have the PGA. We went to Kiawah back in 2012 and it was almost unbearable for the fans.
I just think the FedEx Cup is so contrived and they change the point system every year. I used to like the Tour Championship mainly because of where it's played (East Lake) and because the field is only 30 players. The idea that someone starts off at X under par is ridiculous.