2020 Masters: The best bits

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Best bit so far has to be Sandy's braces...
That won't be beaten all week or for the rest off time. He doubled up yesterday - god knows what's coming today and tomorrow (and hopefully the weekend)

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Nice story from Jack on staying in the Crow's Nest..

"I stayed at the Crow's Nest in 1959. We had Phil Rodgers, Deane Beman, Ward Wettlaufer, Tommy Aaron and myself. That's not a very big place, if you happen to go look at it, for five guys. One bathroom, one shower. But we all stayed there, and of course Phil and I were the big eaters at the time.

"The amateurs had to be charged for their food, so they charged us a dollar for breakfast, a dollar for lunch and two dollars for dinner. Phil and I, generally speaking, would have two steaks at night, and they came to us after a couple nights, and they said, gentlemen, you're abusing the thing of eating two steaks, we're going to have to charge you $2 apiece. I said, that'll be quite alright."

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Bryson on not going with the 48-inch driver...

"I don't feel like I'm 100 per cent ready with that yet. I tried to get it ready for this week, but there was a lot of opportunities that I felt like I could still fly it over bunkers with the 45-inch driver. That's what I was testing yesterday; is it really worth it, am I going to gain that much. To be honest, as we sat back, we were like, it's not going to be that much of a gain this week because I am pretty much already flying bunkers out there. For example, 5, that was one of them, and maybe today on 18 I could have drove it with a 48 inch driver over that bunker, but it was into the wind. The wind switched. There's a lot of things that changed out there today and caught me off guard a little bit. But at the end of the day I'm happy with the way I played."