2 thumb grips

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I would like to try out a 2 thumb grip on one of my putters. I don't want to just stick one straight on my Scotty incase I don't get on with it. The only other putters I have are a Rossa Monza heel shafted mallet and an old Tad Moore blade putter. Is there any particular style of putter that the 2 thumb grip is suited to? Most of the golfers that use them seem to have them on centre shafted putters so im not sure?

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the thing i dont understand is you will put it on 1 of the other putters to see how it is and if you like it you will put 1 on your scotty what if it dont suit the scotty

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Im thinking if I put one on the Rossa mallet and it feels good, i'll switch to that. I used to get on really well with it when it was my main gamer it just needs a bit of a revamp and a few hours on the practice green.

T

thecraw

I have "dabbled" with the 2Thumb for a couple of seasons. I switched back to the 2Thumb again in April and I've stuck with it. I believe it works best with a mallet type of putter.

I use it on my Craz_e and I'm very happy with it. It takes the wrists out of play and it now feels natural to me. Its something that you'll need to commit too and persevere with in order to get the benefit of it. My opinion is that its not a quick fix, you need to be sure that you want to make the switch and do it.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Can you not get your pro to 'blow' your scotty grip off.Try the 2 thumb and if you dont like it get him to blow that one off it should only cost a couple of pound or if you have a air compressor do it yourself

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Your pro should be able to remove grips off your putter without damaging it and if you buy the grip from him, he'll do it it for nowt :)

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im with Craw on this one........Iv just put a Grip on my TM Itsy Bitsy which is just slightly smaller than the two thumb grip that your talking about..Long distance putts are pretty easy to judge but if your a player that likes feel in a club then there not for you in my opinion....I think there more for stability than feel.....If your Scotty isnt a mallet i would shy away from a grip that size....My dad tried the grip i have (which he bought but didnt like) on his ping Anser and it was very hard to feel the weight of the head....I also think that these grips are more suited to mallets