2 balls allowed

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have been working from home full time since the lockdown began, for the first time I now envy those that are furloughed :whistle:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Curious which report is that from?

The Gov report that has been released does not even mention Golf

It doesn't mention golf specifically in that link, but it does say

People may exercise outside as many times each day as they wish. For example, this would include angling and tennis. You will still not be able to use areas like playgrounds, outdoor gyms or ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces. You can only exercise with up to one person from outside your household – this means you should not play team sports, except with members of your own household.

That would still indicate a 2 ball to be OK.

D

Deleted member 21258

1.1 What can I do from Wednesday 13 May that I couldn’t do before?
There will be a limited number of things you can do on Wednesday that you cannot do now:

• spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, picnicking, or sunbathing
  • meet one other person from a different household outdoors - following social distancing guidelines
  • exercise outdoors as often as you wish - following social distancing guidelines
  • use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course – with members of your household, or one other person while staying 2 metres apart
  • go to a garden centre
ON FAQ section link :-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

D

Deleted member 21258

Any reason why we can not play 18 holes, or will that be up to individual clubs ?

From government policies, you are allowed unlimited sport, so would be down to the club (and if EG/R&A get involved, but wouldn't think so)

Could also see tee times restricted to try to ensure all members get some use.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think that once things settle down a bit everything will revert to 18 but I reckon most clubs will go for 9 certainly for this week...

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
According to our handicap list.

we have 378 members.

If we all play two balls and tee off 0700-1700 playing just 9 holes. 360 of us could play Wednesday.

I think 18 holes will be in offer from the start as there will be a certain portion working or shielding.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Ours had announced singles from the 1st, 2 balls from the 10th, 9 holes only, but that was basing it on no-one outside the same home playing together, we'll see if this changes it. :unsure:

nyckuk

Visit site
On the .Gov website

Section 3 Business and venues ....Last paragraph

Wednesday 13 May, the government will also allow outdoor sports facilities – such as tennis and basketball courts, golf courses and bowling greens – to open, but you should only use these alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-safe-social-distancing#businesses-and-venues