15 hole comp

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Tomorrow we have a seniors 15 hole comp. Our seniors play on a "seniors course" which plays off the men's yellow tees with the exception of the 18th which has a blue seniors tee because of the carry over a ravine which is too long for lots of the older members.
My question is, 1, given we will not be playing off the blue tee should we be using the yellow tee course slope index or the blue seniors course slope index.
2 As it's not an 18 hole comp and thus I assume a non qualifying comp should we be playing off course handicap or 95% of course handicap?
Your thoughts please on any of these points.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tomorrow we have a seniors 15 hole comp. Our seniors play on a "seniors course" which plays off the men's yellow tees with the exception of the 18th which has a blue seniors tee because of the carry over a ravine which is too long for lots of the older members.
My question is, 1, given we will not be playing off the blue tee should we be using the yellow tee course slope index or the blue seniors course slope index.
2 As it's not an 18 hole comp and thus I assume a non qualifying comp should we be playing off course handicap or 95% of course handicap?
Your thoughts please on any of these points.

As it is not counting for handicaps you can do as you please.
But you could use the front 9 as a 9 hole qualifier (if they have been rated) with appropriate 9 hole slope etc and only award prizes for the 15.
However if the difference is less than 100 yards you should use the yellow rating and slope