Your swing and your body parts

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been told by my pro (assistant actually as he was cheaper) to focus on my left shoulder on my backswing (turn under chin) and my belly button on my downswing (turn to ball).

I'm not after swing thougts but what body part everyone else focuses on during backswing and downswing? Thanks.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been told by my pro (assistant actually as he was cheaper) to focus on my left shoulder on my backswing (turn under chin) and my belly button on my downswing (turn to ball).

I'm not after swing thougts but what body part everyone else focuses on during backswing and downswing? Thanks.

its too broad of a question really mate. by the end of this thread you'll have responses ranging from left shoulder down to wiggling the left toe.

one of the crazy things about golf is everyone is different and learns and develops different

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
ive been rotating my wrist on the back swing, which opens the face of the club right up, then not closing it properly on the way down, leading to huge slices and power fades.

My Pro (Mark Day from Whipsnade Park who coaches the England Girls Team) spotted this and now my only swing thought is to keep my right palm facing the floor. Still bedding this in, but early signs are encouraging

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Weight more distributed towards heels at setup and stand taller (as I tend to put weight in my toes). Hand on top at halfway through backswing with swing more outside the line (as I have a tendency to get flat on the backswing), and get at least 90° of wrist bend when arms parallel to the floor. Then hands underneath when at the top, and don't let the left knee collapse in during backswing.

Bow the wrist in downswing and through impact. At impact clear the left hip, get weight into the left heel, and turn the belly button to face the sky.

This is what I have to think about through my first 2 lessons with a new coach.

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shoulders for me is massive in the golf swing. Where you have them at address determines quite a lot in the swing in terms of the path.

I will post some videos explaining this better when i get my tablet fixed.