Your Subject on Golfing Mastermind?

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
It doesn't have to be something you know alot about, though it might help, but something you might enjoy studying.
For instance MVP's might be "The benefits of custom fitting"

Mine would have to be "The Majors pre the introduction of steele shafted clubs"

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
after a lunch time spent hearing JezzE waxing lyrical while munching on a mid-sized bowl of salad it'd have to be...

...Jezz Ellwood's round in the Challenge GM match last Friday

If I have to hear about how well he drove it round the Jubilee one more time...!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine would be 'Drivers that I have wasted money on to try and cure a slice that do not work'. Could write a book on those.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is when I go all geeky and put my Sociology of Sport cap on.
I would pick: - Hegemonic masculinity and over conforming to the norms in the modern game.

Or Di Stewart. (YUM)

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Specialized subject? "The bleeding obvious" Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm a huge Fawlty towers fan.

erm... The life and career of Ben Hogan for me probably.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Big Comedy Book of Golfer's Names (USA edition).

Slazenger K1 drivers and why they are the best (see also FAST irons, Huxley rotanets and golf-improving socks)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me....only 2 choices.
"realgolferuk.....the wilderness years" (sorry J_F)

"swing weights and shaft properties of Callaway woods, 1994-2008" yawn, yawn.

or (now making 3 choices!)

"secrets of how to talk off scratch (and how to know so much about the golf swing and still not get into single figures)"

Failing that......"used car prices on collectable Fords 1988-2008"......oohh, whoops, wrong forum....

Dave

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
"secrets of how to talk off scratch (and how to know so much about the golf swing and still not get into single figures)"

Dave

Don't you just love the minutae of this sport? I'm sure the board of every golf club pays a nominated member to secretly adopt this role in the interests of light relief.

Life would be so dull without the asides that such buffoons provide. Surely a stock characature of the golfing fraternity and grist for a UK based golf spoof movie. I feel a thread coming on....