Your golf travel refusal to refund

Visit site
Hope you are all safe and well?
I'm sure we are not the only club to have booked our away weekends and club tours with your golf travel. Our away weekend was cancelled for obvious reasons and they have refused to give a refund and only a credit note. I'm hoping to try and find other clubs and societies that are in the same situation who are looking for a refund .

Take care
Mike

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Believe the ATOL/ABTA are looking into companies not refunding holidays, but they are asking that the normal 14 day period be changed to 4 months so that travel firms don't go bust.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s the same across the industry. Be warned though, for other holiday firms, credit notes are not covered by atol if they go bust.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s the same across the industry. Be warned though, for other holiday firms, credit notes are not covered by atol if they go bust.

I do not know if it has been said on the other thread but their is pressure being put on ATOL to cover credit notes for holidays in the future and the advice is not to accept a credit note until they agree to this.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This was in Golfbreaks postponement email

ABTA Scheme of Protection
The ABTA scheme of protection is now extended to Refund Credit Notes issued in place of immediate cash refunds following the cancellation of travel arrangements that were originally protected under the ABTA scheme of protection because of the COVID-19 situation. This protection will last until 31st July 2020.
This means that monies covered by such Refund Credit Notes are protected in the event of the failure of the travel organiser.

Not sure if it gives comfort on post above, they’ve also said they can do refunds but not till 31st July

Visit site
Has anyone had any news on refunds regarding a club weekend away in the uk. We've had two events cancelled, one a weekend away at dale hill and another one on the south coast.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I watched coverage of this complaint on BBC yesterday morning, they interviewed the ABTA CEO and he agreed & confirmed that refunds still should be being given within 14 days, although he did acknowledge that there were delays due to the process of getting money back that had been forwarded to airlines etc, but he was also pressed on companies refusing refunds and only offering credit notes or future date vouchers, and he clearly stated that this should not be happening and that he would announce to all their members that they can’t refuse refunds if requested!

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/arti...own-on-members-denying-customer-refund-rights

Last edited:

Crowhalñ

Visit site
Hope you are all safe and well?
I'm sure we are not the only club to have booked our away weekends and club tours with your golf travel. Our away weekend was cancelled for obvious reasons and they have refused to give a refund and only a credit note. I'm hoping to try and find other clubs and societies that are in the same situation who are looking for a refund .

Take care
Mike

MichaelWilsonz

Visit site
Hey! Not bad, thank you. How about you? Golf is my hobby, and I also go on various golf trips. Unfortunately, it happened to me only once to cancel my golf travel. I had no problem repaying the money. Yes, it took a long time, but I got my money back in the end. To be honest, I have no idea what to recommend you to do to get your money back. I'm going on a golf trip for a few days in Hanoi, but unfortunately, there are no vacancies. If a place is vacated, I'll let you know. I can't wait to go to Hanoi, especially since I found some nice free tours in Hanoi on https://www.freetour.com/hanoi.

Last edited: