You Are The Committee

Thread starter #1

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
5,689
Location
Cheshire
Match play. Player 1 indicates he has covid and is unable to play until the end of the month. Player 2 agrees, but books a tee time in the last week before the due date just in case. Player one plays a game before the last week and texts player 2 to says they are ready to play. Player 2 texts to offer the tee time that was booked three weeks ago. Player 1 refuses as they are unavailable and offers an alternative. Player 2 refuses as they cannot play any other day that week.

What is your decision?

PS this is the Final.
 

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Joined
Sep 9, 2014
Messages
19,436
Location
Northumberland
When Player 2 booked the slot did he inform Player 1 at that moment?

How many date options are they supposed to offer each other before a forfeit?
 

chico

Club Champion
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
176
Location
Glasgow
If its the final extend the deadline by a week if they can't agree a date between them withhold the trophy and give both a two year ban. (If I was the committee I think the power would change me.)
 

wjemather

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 3, 2020
Messages
810
Location
Bristol
Match play. Player 1 indicates he has covid and is unable to play until the end of the month. Player 2 agrees, but books a tee time in the last week before the due date just in case. Player one plays a game before the last week and texts player 2 to says they are ready to play. Player 2 texts to offer the tee time that was booked three weeks ago. Player 1 refuses as they are unavailable and offers an alternative. Player 2 refuses as they cannot play any other day that week.

What is your decision?

PS this is the Final.
The decision is dependent on the terms of competition. What are yours?
Our ToC allow for a reasonable (even substantial) extension to the deadline for finals only, since it would be entirely unsatisfactory to have them decided any other way but on the golf course.
 

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
3,472
Location
Leeds,
The decision is dependent on the terms of competition. What are yours?
Our ToC allow for a reasonable (even substantial) extension to the deadline for finals only, since it would be entirely unsatisfactory to have them decided any other way but on the golf course.
Totally agree!!
 

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Joined
May 20, 2017
Messages
10,489
Location
Yeovil
One of our finals was played 6 months after the due finishing date last year due the extenuating circumstances.
 

Tashyboy

Money List Winner
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
13,815
Am sorry but player one ain’t doing himself any favours. Has he gambled that the play by date may be extended. yes he has had Covid. But decides to play a round before he decides he can play in a final. Why did he not contact player two to see if he can play the game on his practice day.
Has player one actually tried to book any days for the game aside from the one day he did play With someone else. What actually has player 2 done wrong.
 
Thread starter #10

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
5,689
Location
Cheshire
Just as an addition. Player one played in a competition today when he could have played in the Final with player 2.
 
Thread starter #13

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
5,689
Location
Cheshire
Player 2 has waited 3 weeks and now is not available on the one day offered by player 1. Player 1 has played at the club on the day player 2 had booked as a reserve day for the final.
 

Tashyboy

Money List Winner
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
13,815
Player 2 has waited 3 weeks and now is not available on the one day offered by player 1. Player 1 has played at the club on the day player 2 had booked as a reserve day for the final.
IF they are weekend players let the committee pick a date At a weekend. If none of them turn up ask both losing semi finalists if they want to play in the final.
 
Thread starter #15

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
5,689
Location
Cheshire
Has player 2 said he was available 👍 Although he would probably say he was.
Player 2 set up a possible date for the final. Player one declined this as he said he could not play, but this has turned out to be only because he wanted to play in the competition that day rather than the final.
 
Top