Y'know those air pressure shoe cleaning gizmos?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
How much would one of those cost for a club?

Reason I ask is that our club is fairly well facilitated (huge driving range, decent (ish) pro shop, cart hire, good (massive) clubhouse etc...

Yet we're stuck with worn out, clogged up shoe brushes to clean our shoes after a round.

These just don't cut it, especially after a round like yesterday when it was sodden under foot and every pace was like walking in/on water.

I had to lend my size 9 shoes to my size 10/11 wearing friend who had forgotten his (that seemed to fit ok, albeit "snug" and I didn't have a problem with since it was me that dragged him out and he's still learning the game and had never played a "full" 18 before) and I wore the pair of FJ reelfit's that MikeH kindly offered up a couple of months back (thank god they were waterproof!!)...

My point being - I'd have two pairs of clean(er) shoes now if the air hoses were installed, but instead am left with two very dirty pairs shoes to clean. First world problems, I know, but it's really quite the inconvenience! The majority of courses I played last year had proper shoe cleaning facilities, and I see no reason why my course can't do the same (unless of course the air thingys are ridiculously expensive)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
A compressor some hosing and a coue of guns. £1000 maybe depending in the size of the compressor.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
You could always call at the petrol station on the way home and use the compreesed air machine there? :rofl:

....... And do your tires while you're there :rofl:

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Ours cost about £200...........compressor bought locally fitted with 2 guns and boxed in a homemade unit and it works superbly.

Feck shelling out a lot of cash,it doesn't need to be done at all as our 'homemade' unit proves.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours cost about £200...........compressor bought locally fitted with 2 guns and boxed in a homemade unit and it works superbly.

Feck shelling out a lot of cash,it doesn't need to be done at all as our 'homemade' unit proves.

Which further reinforces my point that the club I'm at have no excuse to NOT have one! :angry:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Compressed air shoe cleaner, £2595 + vat. Annual service contract, inc H&S certificate coz its a compressor, £395 + vat.

Spinning brush shoe cleaner £695 + vat.

"Google is your friend."

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Az, if it makes you feel better the brush stand thingy at ours got worn out, and they didnt replace it, now back to a good old fashion banging before sticking them in the car!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
A simple air compressor from the likes of Machine Mart will set you back around £150 and is more than adequate for the job. A couple of hoses and nozzles will add about £50.

Captain_Black

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Our club has a compressor & an air gun donated by the seniors.
It is brilliant for cleaning off your shoes & trolley wheels after a round.
I think it's only a cheap one.

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My club ain't got one, we've got a brush thing on a stand. Asked a couple of times why not but get the usual answer....money's tight these days. Same answer when I've asked why we've not got one of those master scoreboard computer thingy's.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My club ain't got one, we've got a brush thing on a stand. Asked a couple of times why not but get the usual answer....money's tight these days. Same answer when I've asked why we've not got one of those master scoreboard computer thingy's.

The computer thingy would cost you peanuts.....a fraction of what they have just spent on online booking modules.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We've a compressor and they are a godsend at this time of year. We also have one of the revolving brush things but they are total crap. Get the majoirty of the mud off the shoes, leave them a couple of days to dry properly and hopefuly Mrs H will come along and clean and polish them for me if I'm lucky. I tend to use the compressor on my hedgehog wheels too which means little mess inthe boot of the car.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Compressed air shoe cleaner, £2595 + vat. Annual service contract, inc H&S certificate coz its a compressor, £395 + vat.

Spinning brush shoe cleaner £695 + vat.

"Google is your friend."

I am shocked by the lack of lateral thinking being displayed, especially in this time of financial crisis.
Would it not be more socially responsible to return to the practices of our forebears by employing boot boys (or more properly boot persons).

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am shocked by the lack of lateral thinking being displayed, especially in this time of financial crisis.
Would it not be more socially responsible to return to the practices of our forebears by employing boot boys (or more properly boot persons).

Ours got the boot