Yes Putters

mykweb

Assistant Pro
www.mykweb.co.uk
Hey, I wonder if anyone on here can give me any experience or reviews on Yes putters.

I am struggling to find a putter I am comfortable with, one that gives me good control and feel.

I had a Ping B60 putter which I swapped with my uncle for a Taylormade Rossa Blade putter. Both putters I was getting ok results from. If all honesty is given I was slightly better with the ping but I think I had been playing with it for 5 years.

Anyway, I have been looking at the yes Callie Putter. I like the weight when I pick it up, the feel of the grip and it seams to swing nicely. I have hit a few balls with it at the golf show on fake grass. I am planning on trying it up a the american golf range tonight.

I just wondered what peoples views were on these putters and if there as good as some reviews make out. One review I read on the internet said he preferred it to the scotty cameron studio select model. Which is the other putter I like the look and feel of. Difference is the price. £70 compared to £190+

Mike

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've used a Yes! Marilyn for a few years and still like it. I've never really noticed any odd strikes but I've heard of some people getting one that goes off at an angle or goes for miles.

Like I say, I've never experienced these - a bad result is normally the result of a bad stroke.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a Marilyn and she served me well for 3 seasons. but when I moved to a better golf course I couldn't judge my putts correctly on the much faster greens. I tried my best but couldn't persuade her to slow down. so bought a scotty and now im putting very good.
Marilyn felt to hard a face to hit a ball on, but the scotty which the newer ones have a deeper face markings give a nice feel

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
My brothers got a Yes Emma putter, he's been using it for near on 10 years and said he has yet to find anything that compares to it.

T

thecraw

I had a Marilyn and she served me well for 3 seasons. but when I moved to a better golf course I couldn't judge my putts correctly on the much faster greens. I tried my best but couldn't persuade her to slow down. so bought a scotty and now im putting very good.
Marilyn felt to hard a face to hit a ball on, but the scotty which the newer ones have a deeper face markings give a nice feel

Who told you that?

:whistle:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had (and still have) 2. In fact I bought the sophia 2 weeks before Furyk won the fedex with his.

None as good as my Scotty or Seemore though.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had a few and liked them,I never noticed any strangeness in off centre strikes.Then again I am such an amazing putter that never happened! :D

mykweb

Assistant Pro
www.mykweb.co.uk
I Just wish some golf shops would let you demo clubs out on the field. I would happily give AG or DG full price for the putters to take them out on the course and test them.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
awwh after reading these comments I now want a scotty even more LOL

lol, I bought the yes putter without trying it. I read about the groove tech and liked the idea of it. the course I was playing on the greens are slow and rubbish. I went from 21 to 11 handicap with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a good putter but for me on faster greens I was lost and couldn't get it to work. moved course and bought a scotty, my handicap is going up !!!!! is it the scotty nahhh just a much harder course.
personally I wouldn't be tempted with the older scotty putters as I had no feeling with the shallower faces.
you've nothing to lose buying a yes putter if you don't like sell it on

mykweb

Assistant Pro
www.mykweb.co.uk
WHAT!!!!????

Thank god for that, I thought it was my poor stroke/ read that missed the shorties!!!

Surely if your shots are pining off its not being caught in the center of the putter. As said my Mr Westwood in the latest ping putter advert, there new putter produces constant roll no matter where you hit it.

The Yes callie has a small maybe 2 1/2 inch c grove in the center of the putter.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to own a centre shafted Yes Amy, It putted well and suited my eye but on the odd occasion the ball seemed to shoot of the face on short putts. I know It sounds unusual but it was certainly happening and I put it down to a fault with the Amy design at the time.

I never wanted to sell the putter but this was happening far too often for my liking, and it had to go. I didn't think anymore about at the time but I've read a few similar stories since.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Swear by mine - bought it in October and it looks and feels like it's been in the bag for years! Think the person that told you about the funny strikes has probably bought a left handed model and is trying to hit the ball with a curved surface!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely if your shots are pining off its not being caught in the center of the putter. As said my Mr Westwood in the latest ping putter advert, there new putter produces constant roll no matter where you hit it.

The Yes callie has a small maybe 2 1/2 inch c grove in the center of the putter.
If you are missing the sweet pot by an inch and a quarter to the toe or heel, no groove or insert is going the help you.