Yes or No to yardage book/scorecard holders? and if yes share yours ?

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a really good scorecard holder he is called Anthony.

I’m the same, I’ll do anything to get out of scoring these days when only one card is used. I can’t seem to get round 18 holes without making a mess of it, forgetting holes, putting scores in for wrong people etc. I messed up the other week and got the other two scores right eventually but forgot about mine, put myself down for a 7 instead of a 4 which meant I would have come 2nd but came 6th! My card should stay in my scorecard holder and be left blank, would cause much less problems.

Mandofred

Visit site
I’m the same, I’ll do anything to get out of scoring these days when only one card is used. I can’t seem to get round 18 holes without making a mess of it, forgetting holes, putting scores in for wrong people etc. I messed up the other week and got the other two scores right eventually but forgot about mine, put myself down for a 7 instead of a 4 which meant I would have come 2nd but came 6th! My card should stay in my scorecard holder and be left blank, would cause much less problems.
I don't mind keeping the scores, I would do mine anyway. All I ask of the other players....don't tell me your scores until we get to the next tee....and even then I don't want to think.....just tell me something like 5 for 2.

sunshine

Visit site
This was given to me as a gift. It's hand stitched leather, laser engraved with my name and part of my name in Japanese, a lovely piece of craftsmanship. I use it anytime I'm scoring a card, also holds a stroke saver if I'm using one and fits fine in my back pocket.
View attachment 33482

View attachment 33483

That looks really nice. Up until today I had never even thought of carrying one and didn't see the point. But looking at that... I want one!

RobertB

Assistant Pro
Visit site

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I ordered myself a yardage book/scorecard holder from Sunfish a week or so ago as I couldn’t find anything beyond the basic PVC/ backed card ones here on the UK. I shared my ‘exciting’ news with a golf buddy - who replied that they were completely pointless and I have pockets so put the scorecard and book in there ? fair point I said. None the less I’ve seen some great looking holders out there and my opinion is that it’ll be more practical than everything separate in your pocket and probably come in handy on a rainy day?! There looks to be some great custom ones out there, and Tour only versions? I’ve seen some adidas and Titleist versions but they don’t seem to be available to buy. View attachment 33469View attachment 33470

nice big yes from me :)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kids are getting me a new one for Xmas now

Matches my head covers on my woods the eldest got me last year, bday etc

Little collection going on throughout the bag

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hmm, never really considered having one, my card has always gone in my Motocaddy card holder on the trolley, it keeps it dry, holds pencils and 2 balls in a little draw that pulls out.

However, reading and looking at some images on here, I might now look for one, especially as I no longer use a SkyCaddie and just carry a laser.

I’ve purchased a few yardage planners when on my travels, but when it’s wet they get ruined, so, I’ll now have a look around, especially as I’ve now just sold my Motocaddy.

One thing though, some courses now have these bloody long narrow cards, which didn’t fit in my trolley holder unless I folded over the end, so will these leather holders accommodate these annoying longer cards?

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's great when my fellow competitors have a score card holder, it keeps my card crisp and clean (pre-covid). Me, I don't bother with one and return their card wrinkled and creased, and possibly damp if we've had some rain. ;)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I always like to have a score card holder. I used to have a Ryder cup one that got tatty in the end. Since been replaced by a cheap "the open" one.
A useful golf related present from the in-laws.

Cant stand messy cards or cards that look like they have been filled out by a toddler.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It's a no from me. I just use the Golfshot app on my phone to record scores.

If need be then a scorecard can be filled in after the round.