Yes or No to yardage book/scorecard holders? and if yes share yours ?

Boomy

Visit site
I've got one for the scorecard, had it for about 10 years so got my money's worth.
I like it, keeps the pencil handy too.

100% a valid point for keeping the pencil handy too, and saves stabbing yourself in the finger when you reach in your pocket ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah ? valid point - I’ve always carried mine in my back pocket but it’s defo not going to fall out of a front pocket. I wonder if guys default to the back pocket because of usually carrying a wallet in there?!
Funnily enough I carry my wallet front left as well (off the course that is) so maybe some correlation. :LOL: Less likely to get nicked.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had to smile earlier this year.

Nice display of score card holders on the pro shop counter just as I was going in to see the manager about the size of our new cards which will not fit in scorecard holders.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a back pocket when it is dry and jacket pocket when it is wet person. Trouble is our new cards only just fit in a back pocket.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use a thin leather scorecard holder which fits in my back pocket nicely and holds the pencil in a loop. The problem with yardage book type holders, apart from size, is that they tend to be of a design that “hinges” at the top, whereas most UK scorecards are designed for side opening.

Boomy

Visit site
I use a thin leather scorecard holder which fits in my back pocket nicely and holds the pencil in a loop. The problem with yardage book type holders, apart from size, is that they tend to be of a design that “hinges” at the top, whereas most UK scorecards are designed for side opening.

My club scorecard fits well, but I know other club scorecards can be a lot larger.
34230356-78CF-40F8-83C9-A5CA54C439D9.jpeg

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I use a heather and links one. It is black leather, with a pink snakeskin interior. It's just a score card holder though. I use it all the time.

I get really p'ed off when some one marks my card in a medal, and I get back a soggy screwed up piece of rubbish that is unreadable, and marked in 5h pencil, and they get theirs back like new, filled in in biro, which anyone can read easily.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like using my score card holder, nothing worse than the card coming apart from being stuffed in a pocket.

I also keep my stats on paper as I go so it's useful to hold this as well.

Just need to buy a better one, just have a cheap and cheerful one just know that does the job fine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my mates has a scorecard holder, but weirdly he never takes the cards out of it. Each time we play he puts the new scorecard in front until he's got a wad of about 20 scorecards in there. :LOL: