Yes or No to yardage book/scorecard holders? and if yes share yours ?

Boomy

Visit site
I ordered myself a yardage book/scorecard holder from Sunfish a week or so ago as I couldn’t find anything beyond the basic PVC/ backed card ones here on the UK. I shared my ‘exciting’ news with a golf buddy - who replied that they were completely pointless and I have pockets so put the scorecard and book in there ? fair point I said. None the less I’ve seen some great looking holders out there and my opinion is that it’ll be more practical than everything separate in your pocket and probably come in handy on a rainy day?! There looks to be some great custom ones out there, and Tour only versions? I’ve seen some adidas and Titleist versions but they don’t seem to be available to buy. DF996C5C-03FA-4E9B-A487-3B5B2D0DD769.jpegF9F92C43-0F39-4100-B27F-78F1594AAB1C.jpeg

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought the cheap £4 Masters scorecard holder from Clubhouse Golf a couple of months back. I only use it when it's raining so my scorecard doesn't turn to papier maché. When it's dry and I'm not sure what the benefit is. And ideally I would want one that's exactly the same dimensions as a standard scorecard, but they always seem to be bigger, making them annoying to wedge in your pocket.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it makes you smile then it is a good buy, that is all that matters.

Not for me, I keep my scorecard on the holder on my trolley, if I am ever somewhere with a planner I keep it in a pocket in my bag. I don't like to keep things in my back pocket.

Boomy

Visit site
Your mate was right ?
Completely pointless, but if you want one that's entirely your choice.

? Yeah I get my mates (and your) point and totally respect that. Do you not think they’re a good idea on rainy days though? I always end up with a soggy card in my pocket ☔

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I loved mine but never used it for ages as my present trolley has a decent holder now. I’ve also seen so many cards fall out of back pockets when not used.

Boomy

Visit site
I bought the cheap £4 Masters scorecard holder from Clubhouse Golf a couple of months back. I only use it when it's raining so my scorecard doesn't turn to papier maché. When it's dry and I'm not sure what the benefit is. And ideally I would want one that's exactly the same dimensions as a standard scorecard, but they always seem to be bigger, making them annoying to wedge in your pocket.

Yeah I’ve previously used the Masters type holder, does the job great on rainy days but they do add bulk to your back pocket like you say. The yardage book ones are even bigger, way bigger!

Boomy

Visit site
If it makes you smile then it is a good buy, that is all that matters.

Not for me, I keep my scorecard on the holder on my trolley, if I am ever somewhere with a planner I keep it in a pocket in my bag. I don't like to keep things in my back pocket.

I still carry but will likely go to a holder on the trolley when I stop carrying.

It has actually made me smile, I’m really pleased with - just wish I could get out for a game with it - darn Covid!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
never used one don't see the point, if i'm ever visiting a new course i do the same as above and stick the card on the rel page, if i'm in a comp and its raining at my home course the cards goes in th eback pocket of my waterproof GG jacket, i think thats what its designed for.

just more clutter to carry with you TBH

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I’ve previously used the Masters type holder, does the job great on rainy days but they do add bulk to your back pocket like you say. The yardage book ones are even bigger, way bigger!
I don't know why it's the general consensus but I don't keep my card in the back pocket, ha. As others have said it has more chance of falling out. Card is always front left pocket for me.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have a nice red leather one courtesy of @ArnoldArmChewer when we played together at Woburn, gets used every time I play in a competition.

D

Deleted member 15344

I have nice leather one from Woburn which I put the scorecard in and it goes in a pocket on the bag , course planner in same pocket

Boomy

Visit site
I don't know why it's the general consensus but I don't keep my card in the back pocket, ha. As others have said it has more chance of falling out. Card is always front left pocket for me.

Yeah ? valid point - I’ve always carried mine in my back pocket but it’s defo not going to fall out of a front pocket. I wonder if guys default to the back pocket because of usually carrying a wallet in there?!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a decent Royal Ascot scorecard holder. Not really a big thing for me as long as the card stays dry. I don't have a holder for any course planners. I don't use the one for my own course and usually just buy one when I play a new course on the day, put it in my back pocket and file it away after