XBOX 360 are a pile of £$%^

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
MY xbox 360 broke again today its the 4th one this time i got the video failure which explained here...............................

In mid 2007, technology and gaming blogs began reporting about new problems with the Xbox 360 losing video output. [73] [74] The problems are characterized by a blank or staticy video output with a proper functioning audio output and no flashing red lights on the console. The complete video failure is sometimes preceded by other graphical glitches such as an irregular saturation of green and/or red colors. Threads on Xbox.com forums suggest the problem may be widespread. [75] [76] However, since the issue does not display the three flashing red lights indicative of general hardware failure, it is not covered under Microsoft's extended three year warranty.

SO im not bothering with them again ps3 all the way!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
3rd ps3??? whats happened there then?

First one bricked it after downloading a firmware update.
Second one froze a month or so after receiving it.
Third one has been as steady as a rock for the past year.

To be fair, Sony UK have been brilliant. In both instances of my units going "wonky" they sent me out a replacement console the following day, collecting the duff one at the same time.

Mine is the original 60gb one by the way

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lewis, I had the 'ring of death' or 3 flashing lights. My warrenty was well up but I rung xbox up anyway.

They told me that this was a common fault and as a good will gesture, they would fix it free of charge and extend my warrenty by a further 3 months from the date I got it back.

They sent UPS to my house, they picked it up, fixed it and UPS brought it back, I didn't have to pay a pennie. They even threw in a 3 month free trial gold membership for live to say sorry you've been offline for a week. I couldn't of asked for more.

Although....... Now my disc tray has a mind of its own and sometimes wont stay shut, or doesn't recgnise a disc. Or if you press the button to open it, it opens an inch and quickly slams shut again. I can't ring microsoft cause someone kinda flashed my drive :(

GolfOffshore

Medal Winner
Visit site
My ps3 has been top draw so far can't complain, however I have heard about the firmware issue you were talking about earlier.

Any issues I've had whether it be with my PS1 or 2 sony uk have been ready and willing to assist

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm on my 4th 360 but Microsoft have been great each time there has been a failure. Why they are so temperamental though I do not know.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I feel really bad for all of you, why can't things just work properly?

My comment, not that's it's entirely relevant, is that I bought a Sony product that simply didn't do what it was supposed to.....a PVR (hard-drive video, if you like).
Sony were hopeless, and simply refused to believe my issue.

I looked on t'internet to see if there had been any other users with the same problem, and guess what, thousands of customers with a non-working device from day 1. :(

I took it back to Sainsbury's and went on about selling goods "unfit" for purpose......got a full refund MONTHS after buying it.

It seems to me that Sony and X-box need to sort their life out. They are making these consoles for small money and ought to be able to get on top of hardware issues.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sent my xbox off today so fingers crossed they jsut swap it over1 and then no hassle!

one thing i ntoiced iss that its being shipped to frankfurt and not hampshire??? anyone know more on this?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
one thing i ntoiced iss that its being shipped to frankfurt and not hampshire??? anyone know more on this?

Yep.
Frankfurt is quite a large city in Germany, they have a lot of hot ladies over there and furters.
Hampshire is a rather boring county in England.
HTH
Rob
;)