would you like to play through? (positive experience)

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Tried to sneak in a round of golf at Ely yesterday on my day off.

Had to pick up my daughter at 3:15 from pre-school. Got to the course at 11:50 and teed off at 12:00.
So I knew I had a rush on my hands.

A two-ball let me go ahead of them on the first after saying they'd only hold me up. Thank you sirs.

Caught up to a four ball on the 4th who let me through on the 6th and caught up to their mates in another 4 ball on the 7th who let me through on the 8th. I never once asked and they all let me through at the first opportunity.
All ten of these fellow golfers were an absolute pleasure.

Managed to completely balls up the front 9 though, mainly because I was rushing just to get the job done but shot 3 over for the back 9 including shanking a wedge from 100 yards that resulted in a bogey.

Finished in a very brisk 2 hours 20 minutes and even managed to enjoy a cold pint of lager whilst chatting to the two chaps that let me play ahead of them on the first (they played 9 holes only).

All in all, impressed with the members at Ely golf club and the course is decent with excellent greens and a well maintained course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doesn't it all add to the positive experience. Great to hear.

I was playing in a 3 ball a couple of weeks ago and we let 2 x two balls through early doors leaving an empty course behind us. Both parties smiled and chatted as they went past, smiled and chatted again in the bar afterwards. I'm sure the sociability was greater because we had let them through. I don't get the grumps who refuse to do this.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a bit of a weird one on Sunday. We were a three ball, these two guys rocked up before we'd even started so we let them tee off ahead of us. Even though they were a two ball they were quite slow though - sizing up putts from four different angles and so on. So we were still having to wait for them. In front of them though was a five-ball (yes, five - don't know how they wangled that) and the two-ball apparently insisted on being let through by them. But for the rest of the round believe it or not the five ball didn't really hold us up at all! They were all relatively speedy - five of them probably played about the same speed as the two ball earlier! Ultimately we got round in decent time so no complaints.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was playing in my 3 ball medal group on saturday and we were playing quite quick as myself and my PP were having decent knocks, caught up to the group infront on 10 as one of the blokes was having a shocker (has had the unmentionables for a couple of weeks now) we ended up taking 2 holes from them by the time we finished. Good Experience for us.

The bad, there was a two ball behind us that they didnt let through and held up all the way round. Cue multiple grumbles in the clubhouse after.

Great for us, not so great for the FCs that got stuck as a two ball!