Ok, it's only a concept car but it can get almost 9 miles per kwh. :eek:
That equates to around 745 miles on one charge
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Mercedes EQ-XX

The cost?
Don't ask

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Having an e208 I’ve just seen some 408 marketing material.
It’s looking like an attractive option. I have earmarked the EV6 or IONIQ for order later this year but this may be a cheaper alternative and surprisingly I am fond of the Peugeot!
Hopefully an AWD electric option because i am rinsing tyres!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Fantastic use of old car batteries.. 120,000 miles out of them then used to make a house less reliant on the grid

Working closely with a very experienced solar installer, I was strongly advised not to do any solar installs on my house until the first lot of Tesla batteries get replaced in their cars. Apparently their battery tech blows everyone else out the water and when they seen their batteries no long fit for primary source EV, they will still outperform most solar branded new batteries that are brand new

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having an e208 I’ve just seen some 408 marketing material.
It’s looking like an attractive option. I have earmarked the EV6 or IONIQ for order later this year but this may be a cheaper alternative and surprisingly I am fond of the Peugeot!
Hopefully an AWD electric option because i am rinsing tyres!

thats surprising, are you heavy footed? my tyres after 15000 miles still have plenty of life in, and using the regen braking means the brakes arent as worn as they should be by now

one thing to watch out is ATM PSA seems obsessed with offering just one battery size.. i mean even the 7 seater van using a 50kw battery might aswell run it off AAs

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
It really depends on personal situations

If you can charge at home you can still get ev tariffs and they have only risen by 2.5p a Kw for their night rates so 7.5p instead of 5p

Day rates are 40p (price cap will go above that soon)

So my fill up last night of 20kw would have cost me 50p more than it did before

20kw is just under half a "tank" so a full tank cheap rates £1.50 call it more

£1.50 more to go 200 miles

However on street charging has risen but still it works out cheaper .. I mean Lidl is 25p a kw so cheaper than home for most .. super charge whilst shopping 45kw would be £11.50 to go 200 miles

Even 60p a kw would be £27 for 200 miles ,
At £1.85 a litre for a car of say 40mpg would be £41.50 50 mpg would be £33 ..

So you need to go to the extremes of the figures to get them close so it is still cheaper

Depends on the person
You also have to factor in the initial outlay for the EV car

Reactions: LCW

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jesus!!! So what they are doing is comparing the most expensive place you can possibly to charge your car and comparing it against normal petrol prices!!!! I bet they didn't base their petrol price calculation on service station prices because it doesn't fit their narrative.
Non electric car owners always assume that we exclusively use these charge points. In two years I can count on my hands how many times I have. Today it cost me £4.50 To charge my car for 300 miles and my neighbour is £6/7 for 300 miles (different electric plan).
Who writes these articles!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jesus!!! So what they are doing is comparing the most expensive place you can possibly to charge your car and comparing it against normal petrol prices!!!! I bet they didn't base their petrol price calculation on service station prices because it doesn't fit their narrative.
Non electric car owners always assume that we exclusively use these charge points. In two years I can count on my hands how many times I have. Today it cost me £4.50 To charge my car for 300 miles and my neighbour is £6/7 for 300 miles (different electric plan).

I do tbh make them right to report this as some people have to use these and have no choice in the matter , but need more level to the article rather than just an easy headline

Like yourself I don't use rapid much, infact I never have

I'm 17000 miles into my EV driving since January 2020 , no rapid charge and reduced the diesel milage by using the ev wherever possible

So much so that we thinking now keep the juggernaut until it dies just as a long distance few trips a year car and then get something like the mg4 long range to replace the Corsa and use it more for family trips where we don't need the boot space ie to friends houses for day or just down to cinema etc

D

Deleted member 15344

One of the guys who has a Tesla is currently using a courtesy car - been given an Audi 55 E tron ? what a car , stunning inside , no wing mirrors as it uses cameras etc - just a shame it’s 80 grands worth

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

My car gets around 50 mpg so 300 would be 6 gallons at todays price 1.79.9 that's about £8 per gallon so 300 miles is £48, or 16p per mile.

Today it cost me £4.50 To charge my car for 300 miles

I make that 1.5p per mile

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One problem with EV at the moment is the dealers themsleves

Some are fantastic some are terrible

My Corsa has had an intermittent charge problem for 3 months. Not a massive issue but I wanted a new onboard charger put in under warranty

Getting vauxhall to find the fault was comical. Mainly due to my dealer being rubbish

Confirmed the fault yesterday after it was booked in for 5 days (I insist on getting the electric courtesy car to cover if they muck up) 2 days into the 5 days fault found and part ordered

3 weeks for part then 2 day repair

Yet they had the same car same issue in August for 5 days lol

Don't effect me I can still get to everywhere I need to go but has put me off vauxhall for any future purchases

2 more years of this one then onto one of the mg offerings most likely