The all things EV chat thread

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Must say they still are a learning curve

The Corsa is 100% a beta car and is full of bugs

It has this "electric traction control fault" issue which is basically an engine management light

It stops the car starting once you stop after it comes up

It can be caused by a number of things.. one of them the 12v battery not charging properly

I had it come up for first time in 13000 miles

I got home.. disconnected battery for 30 seconds and it hasn't come back since (70 miles driven since)

I'd say if anyone was the buy one avoid PSA cars (no offence smithy) they are not the best and also the techs aren't as available as other brands .. plus servicing they rip you off! £239 for a second service even tho if it was another brand you would be looking SUb £150 as nothing to do

Still enjoy the electric side of driving but will be buying a nissan, Kia, Hyundai, telsa or mg next time round

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Must say they still are a learning curve

The Corsa is 100% a beta car and is full of bugs

It has this "electric traction control fault" issue which is basically an engine management light

It stops the car starting once you stop after it comes up

It can be caused by a number of things.. one of them the 12v battery not charging properly

I had it come up for first time in 13000 miles

I got home.. disconnected battery for 30 seconds and it hasn't come back since (70 miles driven since)

I'd say if anyone was the buy one avoid PSA cars (no offence smithy) they are not the best and also the techs aren't as available as other brands .. plus servicing they rip you off! £239 for a second service even tho if it was another brand you would be looking SUb £150 as nothing to do

Still enjoy the electric side of driving but will be buying a nissan, Kia, Hyundai, telsa or mg next time round

Both the Kia’s and Hyundai’s have issues with the 12v battery at the moment. It’s due a software fix however a lot of owners have a tool in their car specifically for disconnecting the battery, giving it a minute and then reconnecting!!

Mine is at Tilbury, has been since the 7th so hoping the PDI is almost done at which point it’s shipped to the dealer and then stuck on a trailer and delivered to me.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Both the Kia’s and Hyundai’s have issues with the 12v battery at the moment. It’s due a software fix however a lot of owners have a tool in their car specifically for disconnecting the battery, giving it a minute and then reconnecting!!

Mine is at Tilbury, has been since the 7th so hoping the PDI is almost done at which point it’s shipped to the dealer and then stuck on a trailer and delivered to me.

Thing is I'd trust both of them to fix the issue I don't trust PSA . They are awful

When I sent my car in for update they bricked it. Basically the update was an issue because rather than downloading the update to the dealer pc and then to the cars one by one they connect the car to the server and download direct

With poor internet on the server, any issues and the update fails and the car is bricked until reinstalled

They just aren't ready for EVs compared to the others

Not expecting them to be nissan or tesla as they been in the game ages but at least be semi decent

That said. I will go ev again and I will switch the big car when I can aswell and have two ev as I love driving them

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

No offence taken. Honestly. But why are you having a 2nd service done?
Official intervals are 1st service at 8,000 miles or 1 year and then every 2 years, 16k thereafter....

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No offence taken. Honestly. But why are you having a 2nd service done?
Official intervals are 1st service at 8,000 miles or 1 year and then every 2 years, 16k thereafter....

Another cock up by PSA tbh, it's actually every 1st year then 2nd year then every 2

The manual is clear as mud

The first is just an inspection

I had a discussion with few other forums half.of the dealers say what you say half don't

I've seen emails from head office backing up that it's year 1 2 then 4

So to keep warranty happy I've just done it

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Another cock up by PSA tbh, it's actually every 1st year then 2nd year then every 2

The manual is clear as mud

The first is just an inspection

I had a discussion with few other forums half.of the dealers say what you say half don't

I've seen emails from head office backing up that it's year 1 2 then 4

So to keep warranty happy I've just done it

My e208 was bricked for an update as well, not only that but one of the techs caught part of the front trim with their pocket and ripped it off. Had to have a new front grill!
Thankfully I got like for like courtesy car.

Still like my car, order a new one in December. Would buy Peugeot again if they had a bigger battery though ideally I’m looking at the the Ioniq or ev6.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My e208 was bricked for an update as well, not only that but one of the techs caught part of the front trim with their pocket and ripped it off. Had to have a new front grill!
Thankfully I got like for like courtesy car.

Still like my car, order a new one in December. Would buy Peugeot again if they had a bigger battery though ideally I’m looking at the the Ioniq or ev6.

See I'm really put off the entire PSA group (sorry again smithy) because of their build quality and lack of knowledge from their techs

I also think they have just made this 50kw and CBA to give options to have bigger

A 70 would be ideal

Also why isn't an astra made yet?

I'll go full EV soon as I can .. thinking 2025 when the lease is up of getting a second hand ev for work then lease something big ev wise for the family ..

The driving is brilliant

Out of interest what did your dealer say about service years? Mine was 1 then 3 year but online the forums have been very clear that first service is year 2 then 4 and year 1 is and ADDITIONAL inspection (which they charged £90 just to look at it, another con.. some dealers were £50 others £150)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
See I'm really put off the entire PSA group (sorry again smithy) because of their build quality and lack of knowledge from their techs.

Errrrr.... I don't think a software download bricking a system can be blamed on a tech. Also, a mechanic could break a front grille on any car by catching it in his trousers pocket, they're all plastic after all.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Errrrr.... I don't think a software download bricking a system can be blamed on a tech. Also, a mechanic could break a front grille on any car by catching it in his trousers pocket, they're all plastic after all.

there are far too little trained techs for EVs in the network. its shocking

I dont blame the techs for bricking cars for software I blame PSA for setting up a shocking system in which its downloaded directly to the car rather than the dealer does one download of the software to its pc and then downloads that to the cars thus meaning its a direct connection rather than over the internet

the fact that I had to tell vauxhall about this situation when they bricked mine that it was a issue and then they looked into it and found out how to fix it was bad enough. we shouldnt have to know more than the dealers do about the cars they sell because they havent trained the service staff enough yet

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@Smiffy

found this on one of the forums , orginally I was told year 1, then 2 year gap and year 3 and 5 services , they changed the goal posts mid way which is why im servicing it next week

however my dealer still thinks the 1 and 3 is right but Im not risking not doing it incase

Untitled.jpg

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Also, a mechanic could break a front grille on any car by catching it in his trousers pocket, they're all plastic after all.
Am I alone in thinking that if a trouser pocket snags on a piece of car trim, the pocket is the thing that should suffer damage?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Am I alone in thinking that if a trouser pocket snags on a piece of car trim, the pocket is the thing that should suffer damage?

Having got a particularly annoying door handle in our house I can confirm that most trouser pockets are going to be stronger than a bit of trim being held on by plastic clips :)

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
@Smiffy

found this on one of the forums , orginally I was told year 1, then 2 year gap and year 3 and 5 services , they changed the goal posts mid way which is why im servicing it next week

however my dealer still thinks the 1 and 3 is right but Im not risking not doing it incase

View attachment 43145

That's a bloody expensive cabin filter!

What is included a core service, is it more than just a visual inspection of brakes, wipers, tyres, etc?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's a bloody expensive cabin filter!

What is included a core service, is it more than just a visual inspection of brakes, wipers, tyres, etc?

its a complete con

if i had got the correct information at the start of the lease I would have taken out a service plan but because it was suppose to be the first service and then year 3 then hand car back that worked out cheaper but instead the first second and then year 4 service it is gonna be a slight more cost

I am not a fan of the service from vauxhall and will be moving away when I can

however a big fan of EV driving itself

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The cabin filter seems to be a con at £140, unless there is more done in those "services" that's not mentioned. Tesla are £30 for a pair that they recommend to change every two years too. they are easy to change yourself in 5 minutes.