The all things EV chat thread

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having a PHEV I quite like the fact it is auto. But I agree that when riding a motorbike it's a much more organic thing, and slipping up and down the gears is part of the whole experience for me. (Probably OK for Harley's, Gold Wings and others of that ilk though ?).
I was trying to draw the analogy with a small headed driver, it allows you to play all these different shots where as a large corrective one doesn’t really. Some people want that some people don’t.. ultimately a larger headed driver offers a little more average distance but isn’t a challenge.. like a bike with no gears is quicker seamless probably more in tune with other riding attributes.. it’s just a difference of opinion

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So this is just an off the cuff flippant remark based on no recent experience.

No, it's a statement of fact - if I want more control, and am content with shorter distance ,I'd move down to my 3 wood, 3 iron or 19° rescue club. I know by and large how far and in what direction my driver is likely to go

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Followed a huge Tesla through town just now...horrible paint job.
A real Pearl finish but it just looked like it was white and had streaks of mid down it..
Anyway, I think he must have been low on battery as he didn't use a single indicator through about a couple of dozen junctions....:whistle:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, it's a statement of fact - if I want more control, and am content with shorter distance ,I'd move down to my 3 wood, 3 iron or 19° rescue club. I know by and large how far and in what direction my driver is likely to go
That is an answer to another question

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, it’s about pleasure, not purely speed. The line and balance can alter with the gear used.

Do you ride?
Used to but not seriously. Ultimately no gears is faster though always will be .. but I understand your opinion it’s just I am content to lose the gear shifting

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I was trying to draw the analogy with a small headed driver, it allows you to play all these different shots where as a large corrective one doesn’t really. Some people want that some people don’t.. ultimately a larger headed driver offers a little more average distance but isn’t a challenge.. like a bike with no gears is quicker seamless probably more in tune with other riding attributes.. it’s just a difference of opinion

Getting massively O/T but. What shots can’t you play with a 460cc driver?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The way I see it is there are 3 main reasons why some people may not want to buy an electric car.
1. Cost, they are too expensive to buy.
2. Nowhere to charge.
3. Range isn't enough.

Mercedes seem to have improved no. 3