The all things EV chat thread

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
@road2ruin You may have looked and dismissed it but Kia are advertising their EV6 a lot on tv at the moment and it looks a pretty car to be in with a very respectably range. Perhaps worth a look?

That's a good call actually, not sure why it didn't make the list as it does tick a lot of the boxes and I will have a look at it. Thanks for pointing that one out.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The bloke who bought our caravan at the weekend says he has a Tesla, but he won't be using for towing. He reckons that although it's advertised as having a range of 400+ miles, he's lucky to get much more than 300 during normal driving.

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Mclaren 570S if driven carefully (why would you) range of 360 miles KIA 313
£100 to fill KIA £10-£30
30p per mile. KIA 3p
Second hand price... 2020 £123,000+ KIA BRAND NEW £44,000
Seats 2 KIA 5
Boot 150 L KIA 490L (seats up)
Froot unknown

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I believe he backtracked on this before he died.

He was also increasingly isolated on the subject. As we know with Covid, scientists frequently disagree, a shock to all of us who thought science was factual, but the numbers on each side of this debate are becoming increasingly loaded on one side and Bellamy was on the other side.

D

Deleted member 15344

I believe he backtracked on this before he died.
I believe there is a lot of truth in what he says though - I don’t think there will be much that can be done beyond token gestures - the world will keep changing.
I would rather they look at what they throw into water as a priority

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I believe there is a lot of truth in what he says though - I don’t think there will be much that can be done beyond token gestures - the world will keep changing.

So you believe the increase in temperature of the planet is a natural occurrence and we shouldn't worry about it as it's not a problem?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think that disucssion is an entirely different thread so one to leave alone on here.

D

Deleted member 15344

So you believe the increase in temperature of the planet is a natural occurrence and we shouldn't worry about it as it's not a problem?

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-...ly-and-why-things-are-different-now-20200721/

There are a multiple number of reasons for the climate to change over the centuries and it’s a combination of organically and human causes - the earth has increased by 1 degree since 1900 and by 2100 it will be another 2 - an increase is still going to happen even if humans disappeared

Is it a problem - yes there will be a problem in a couple hundred years , how much of problem who knows but right now there will lots treaties and promises etc but I think it will token and Mother Nature will win

As i said I would money spent on water pollution or protecting animals etc

D

Deleted member 23270

Mclaren 570S if driven carefully (why would you) range of 360 miles KIA 313
£100 to fill KIA £10-£30
30p per mile. KIA 3p
Second hand price... 2020 £123,000+ KIA BRAND NEW £44,000
Seats 2 KIA 5
Boot 150 L KIA 490L (seats up)
Froot unknown
?

What a totally pointless thing to post. You are comparing apples with sausage rolls.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
?

What a totally pointless thing to post. You are comparing apples with sausage rolls.

I was merely pointing out that the only car to beat the Kia was small, impractical and very expensive to buy and run.
For roughly a 1/3 of the cost, you can still have a very fast car with all the luxuries and space and seats for all the family

D

Deleted member 15344

So you're happy for mankind to continue pumping 10,000,000,000 tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere every year and let future generations worry about it if indeed there is a problem at all

I didn’t believe I said I was happy anywhere - but let’s be honest we will always all be contributing unless you have a fully eco house and don’t use one single bit of technology- you will contribute every single day of your life regardless of what is put in place

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I’ve often wondered how much CO2 was pumped out back in the industrial revolution. They burned so much coal and wood that the smogs in London were toxic and caused loss of life.