The all things EV chat thread

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had an email from BMW regarding the i4 that I am on the waitlist for. Notification of a price increase from £63,995 to £69,995 :eek:.

Now I take my cars on PCP so the list price isn't always that critical, but either way you cut it (with an average PCP being calculable at £30 per month for every £1k in price increase) that's an extra £180 per month before even starting. Now seriously reconsidering this.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had an email from BMW regarding the i4 that I am on the waitlist for. Notification of a price increase from £63,995 to £69,995 :eek:.

Now I take my cars on PCP so the list price isn't always that critical, but either way you cut it (with an average PCP being calculable at £30 per month for every £1k in price increase) that's an extra £180 per month before even starting. Now seriously reconsidering this.

Ouch! I noticed that on octopus lease deals they said it's subject to bank of England base rate .. price increases etc

I was (wrongly) under the impression of once a price is agreed that is it

I mean my battery at home didnt go up I just had to wait for it but the price did go up whilst I was waiting just (wrongly) assumed that was the way

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ouch! I noticed that on octopus lease deals they said it's subject to bank of England base rate .. price increases etc

I was (wrongly) under the impression of once a price is agreed that is it

I mean my battery at home didnt go up I just had to wait for it but the price did go up whilst I was waiting just (wrongly) assumed that was the way

Just the way that it works that the "waiting list" is not an actual order for a vehicle as they can't place those until the "sales slots" or some nonsense, become available. So the sale will be at the prevailing price.

Now I assumed that there would be an increase, but I didn't think it would be £6k BEFORE options.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
D

Deleted member 1147

I'm looking for a small SUV, preferably petrol, 4x4, with a boot big enough for the golf equipment.
Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 23270

I know Teslas are amongst the best EVs but I hate the massive iPad dominating the interior and the fact that everything is done through it. Could be so much better with a few simple 'regular' tasks move to normal buttons and dials.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know Teslas are amongst the best EVs but I hate the massive iPad dominating the interior and the fact that everything is done through it. Could be so much better with a few simple 'regular' tasks move to normal buttons and dials.

Most EVs are like that now unfortunately. It's the "future" but tbh dials work better.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

They have to recover the costs of those TV's they bought for the chips they want in their cars;)

Jason.H

Visit site

BMW always charge more interest on there finance packages than most.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Got to say it's the only thing I really dislike about my mate's Model S, any task is menu after menu all the whilst taking eyes off the road. Last time I drove it the AC was set at 24 degrees and it was melting outside. I didn't even try adjusting it, just opened the window. Normal dials for AC etc and the Model S would be nigh perfect.