Would It Work...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Despite the ban on politics, the forum is exploring some pretty meaty questions right now, what with Planets, Pink Tees and how to deal with blind tee shots

So post your ‘solutions’ to some of life/societies other big problems

Driving without insurance :
A daily (weekly) One Time Password supplied by insurance company which is required in order to start engine

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
How about everyday doing something good or helpful for another person without them knowing that you did it, and so you don’t get thanks, and you don’t do things seeking thanks.

A way of helping us individually, and as part of society, move from the self-obsessed ‘it’s all about me’ mindset and world that so many of us inhabit, to a place where helping others without reward becomes part of what we do, and who we are.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A halo in the headlining of a car that jams any phone signal to the driver but let’s passengers still use them.

Or Bluetooth mandatory if only the driver is in the car.
It’s possible now through the sensors for seatbelts and warning beeps.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How about everyday doing something good or helpful for another person without them knowing that you did it, and so you don’t get thanks, and you don’t do things seeking thanks.

A way of helping us individually, and as part of society, move from the self-obsessed ‘it’s all about me’ mindset and world that so many of us inhabit, to a place where helping others without reward becomes part of what we do, and who we are.
My mum always said “ try to do something nice every day”
If I can help somebody I always will.
one day I might need that help myself.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Despite the ban on politics, the forum is exploring some pretty meaty questions right now, what with Planets, Pink Tees and how to deal with blind tee shots

So post your ‘solutions’ to some of life/societies other big problems

Driving without insurance :
A daily (weekly) One Time Password supplied by insurance company which is required in order to start engine

I do think a far simpler system would work... charge people a fairer affordable fee for their insurance, suddenly the driving without reduces

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do think a far simpler system would work... charge people a fairer affordable fee for their insurance, suddenly the driving without reduces
Yes I agree.
Market forces never seem to work to bring prices down.
maybe some of the astronomical taxes motorists pay could be used to cover every private car for third party ins.
I get it would be wide open for abuse and bogus claims though.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My mum always said “ try to do something nice every day”
If I can help somebody I always will.
one day I might need that help myself.
She’s 100% right….it’s nice to be nice. The added key to my thinking being that we do the act of goodness without the recipient of your act knowing it was you...and you don’t tell them.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If someone is found guilty of serious traffic offences, Burglary, violent crime, drug supply etc. When found guilty, the court can apply for court costs. The police, ambulance, fire brigade and hospitals should also be able to apply for their “costs”. Won’t affect 99% of us but 99% of us pay for these costs.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That's like saying you could solve the cost of living crisis by getting shops to sell food at lower costs, or fix the NHS by paying nurses and doctors more. A better start would be to stop all the crash for cash and whiplash scams.