Worse live band/performance

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Changing MWJ thread from best to worst--

I'll start

Janis Ian as support to Tina Turner at an outdoor concert--Imagine a fine sunny summers evening and at 6pm Janis Ian comes on stage with her late night set--what a bore wrong time and wrong setting.
Lucky Peter Frampton and Tina Turner were top notch.

B

birdieman

Def Leppard at Edinburgh playhouse 1987 - sound was mixed terribly, all I could hear was drums. Not good.

Midnight Oil at some outdoor charity concert in Sydney 1994 - expected great things but they were awful live. :mad:

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Symposium, saw them supporting No Doubt at the Brixton academy.

The reason it was crap is that the singer busted his leg about 20 seconds into the set and that was that.

Shame as they were one of my faves at the time.

Also, in my doorman days the worst were;

Gabrielle - utter crap, couldn't sing, acted like she was Mariah Carey.

Dave Pearce (radio 1) - played crap tunes all night, refused to stop playing at 2.30, by 2.45am I had to take action.

Jason Donovan - Nice guy, really nice to have a beer with, awful sound however.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
dead 60's pathetic is the only word i can use.
klaxons seen them twice first time awesome second time well off their game(or to off their barnetts lol)

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Four non Blondes about 8 years ago in the SECC in Glasgow. They had a great single out just prior to the gig and we bought the tickets on the merit of the single ..... BIG MISTAKE, they were cronnick and tried starting a riot. Pi5hy punk !!!!!!!

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
Libertines on Scarborough Beach 2001. Pete was in a pub 1 and 1/2 miles from the stage, John kept walking off the stage between and during songs and when I got there it was only Carl and Gary playing on stage. I went home for a pot noodle.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Jimmy Nail at Hammersmith.

Why?

Motorhead at Southhampton. Great concert, but was deaf for 3 days afterwards. Not good a good return on the ticket price.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another vote for Pete Docherty, had the misfortune to see that effort with Elton John at Live8. It took something special to beat the preening diva antic of Maria Carey that day but he managed it.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guns n Roses on there recent comeback, that bad I left after an hour!!! In '92 they were fantastic.

I would swop my wife, child, kidney and golf bag to see the original line up - I was offered tickets to the recent comeback but decided nothing would get close to the original band. Whom I never had the chance to see live.

It nearly killed me passing up the tickets but everyone has said it was pants so I was pleased Axel never got the chance to ruin my illusions.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
First album I shoplifted was Appettite for destruction and I got it with the "risque" cover saw then on MTV the other day and realised it was 1987 how old did I feel!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Def Leppard at Edinburgh playhouse 1987 - sound was mixed terribly, all I could hear was drums. Not good.

I heard them at Earls Court Arena in the early 1990s. Terrible, left after 40 minutes....

The problem with them was that Robert "Mutt" Lange, was the architect behind the sound. He was genius until he tried to spice up the the songs of Bryan Adams after the early albums. He did these albums in the middle

AC/DC – Back in Black, 1980
AC/DC – For Those About to Rock We Salute You, 1981
Def Leppard – High 'N' Dry, 1981
Foreigner – 4, 1981
Def Leppard – Pyromania, 1983
The Cars – Heartbeat City, 1984
Def Leppard – Hysteria, 1987
Bryan Adams – Waking up the Neighbours, 1991
Def Leppard – Adrenalize (executive producer), 1992

After Bryan Adams 1991, he was finished.... Sadly, Def Leppard couldn't recreate the "sound" live despite stacks of multitracks and pre-recorded stuff.....pity.....what sound. He did do a fair job with some Shania Twain songs if you like that kind of thing.