World Athletics Championships

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just witnessed the most amazing mens 100 metres ever! Usain Bolt has just broken the world record with a time of 9.58 secs. yes that's right 9.58, unbelievable.

Not forgetting Jessice Ennis winning gold in the womens heptathlon - remarkable considering she came back from a serious ankle injury from last year!

Golfmmad.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Bolt is a freak - an absolute freak. But what a time.
And very well done Jessica - great performance and our first Gold. And she's going to get better...

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ennis is definitely a good prospect for gold at 2012 and I'm sure will plan her training and choice of meets meticulously.

As for Bolt, he said at an earlier interview that he could get down to 9.4! That would be something else.

Back to the final earlier, you have to feel a bit sorry for Tyson Gay of USA, who ran 9.71 and still came a distant second.

Golfmmad.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
He strolled the semi - ran for about 40 yards and then backed off.
I reckon he ran about 95 metres tonight though. Slight ease up at the end. Still won it by a (comparative) mile.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure Bolt is clean, and if he wasn't I very much doubt he would get away with it these days with all the testing. Time will tell I suppose.

Golfmmad.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a shame for the sport that the first thing people wonder is if he is "clean" or not...

i believe he is and also that he'll continue to break the WR for at least the next couple of years. he has so much more power than any sprinter we've seen before. amazing.

the next olympics should be good :)

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I said to my other half before the race started that I reckoned Bolt was going to do 9.59. But I've been expecting him to do around 9.5 - as long as he really tried I mean, which he had to. What *really* impressed me was Tyson Gay, giving it all he had, and running a 9.71. Just two hundredths off Bolt's old WR. And Asafa Powell was miles behind, but still ran a 9.84!

Incredible race. Bolt's just insane. Fully expect to see him dip below 19s for the 200m one day.

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not far off Tim 19.19 tonight in the 200. How fast can this guy go?
Funnily enough, before the race I predicated 19.20s to my other half. I'm getting quite good at the last minute predications...two guesses with one hundredth of a second, (and only because they rounded it down!)

I still think he'll go under 19s. I mean, he was tired, he's still improving his technique, and he had a slight headwind going down the final straight. I reckon 18.9s.

I hear he's also thinking of trying the 400m again, and even the long jump!!