working out my handicap?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
my homeclub hasnt adjusted yet so just want to check as i might be playing tomorrow.

Start of play my exact was 22
Todays rounds gave me a nett differential of -5

4 x 0.4 takes me to 20.4 then i start reduction by 0.3. So final exact i think is 20.1?

Does this seem correct? Not sure if i have the grasp of handicap calc yet :) only ever had to add 0.1 before.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes

you don't do 0.1's - they only apply when posted. you are responsible for reductions like this even if they haven't been posted (based on SSS until the CSS is posted)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
For tomorrow that will be grand you could well be 19.x when all is said and done due to your big score (you mentioned elsewhere) on one of the holes being rounded down to a net double bogey.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
my homeclub hasnt adjusted yet so just want to check as i might be playing tomorrow.

Start of play my exact was 22
Todays rounds gave me a nett differential of -5

4 x 0.4 takes me to 20.4 then i start reduction by 0.3. So final exact i think is 20.1?

Does this seem correct? Not sure if i have the grasp of handicap calc yet :) only ever had to add 0.1 before.

True if you used the correct CSS and if you took the stableford adjustment into account also. Any holes where you scored a triple bogey or more will be reduced to just a double bogey. If there were any than you would have earned more points (for handicap purposes) and your cut would be greater!

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
True if you used the correct CSS and if you took the stableford adjustment into account also. Any holes where you scored a triple bogey or more will be reduced to just a double bogey. If there were any than you would have earned more points (for handicap purposes) and your cut would be greater!
Should have clarified i used the details published on golfnet to get my ND and the CSS.

Just to clarify when adjusting for stableford does your current handicap come into consideration. Eg 9 on a par 4 adjusts to 7 which then reduces to 6 nett after applying the shot from your handicap?

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Should have clarified i used the details published on golfnet to get my ND and the CSS.

Just to clarify when adjusting for stableford does your current handicap come into consideration. Eg 9 on a par 4 adjusts to 7 which then reduces to 6 nett after applying the shot from your handicap?

triple bogeys don't come into it - you seem to be on the right lines with your thinking though; once you have a handicap the maximum score on any hole for handicap purposes will be a nett double bogey ie on a par 4 that you get no shots on this would be 6, 7 for a one shot hole, and 8 for a 2 shot hole!

it's much easier for handicap purposes to look as stableford points adjusted for any difference between par and SSS/CSS if you have 'bad holes' :)

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
triple bogeys don't come into it - you seem to be on the right lines with your thinking though; once you have a handicap the maximum score on any hole for handicap purposes will be a nett double bogey ie on a par 4 that you get no shots on this would be 6, 7 for a one shot hole, and 8 for a 2 shot hole!

it's much easier for handicap purposes to look as stableford points adjusted for any difference between par and SSS/CSS if you have 'bad holes' :)

Great, that explains the -2 clause 19 adjustment. Looking like a definite 1.9 redution now.