Women’s golf

Brads

Visit site
Is it now up there with the mens ?
It’s certainly close and I have to admit to watching it more or at least as much as mens golf.
The new prize funds and coverage will certainly help but to me it’s as good as mens anyway and in some ways preferable or as good.
Thoughts

D

Deleted member 29109

Absolutely. There is now some real depth in the quality of fields on the LPGA especially.

It’s also more relatable in terms of distance to the amateur game. Just a completely different level in terms of quality.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I certainly learn more about the swing watching ladies golf, and it's refreshing to watch golf where they don't spit.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We amateurs would learn more about tempo and the golf swing watching the ladies play than ever we could watching DeChambeau swinging himself off his feet every week.

Definitely. You can add course management as they don't all have the power to bludgeon it miles off the tee or smash it from the rough and so have to find the best way to get it round.

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it now up there with the mens ?
It’s certainly close and I have to admit to watching it more or at least as much as mens golf.
The new prize funds and coverage will certainly help but to me it’s as good as mens anyway and in some ways preferable or as good.
Thoughts

Not for me - it’s nowhere close , it’s lacks excitement , any thrills , and pace to it ,

A lot will say it’s more relatable - and it is - because it’s a lot closer to our game than the Mens Pro Tour

Tried to watch a few times and it’s painful - the Solhiem is just about watchable

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Ive said this before but Womens golf is what everyone wants mens golf to be.
1. Not dominated by distance
2. Can be played on classic courses
3. Players use all the clubs in there bags, not just drivers and wedges
4. Only a select few can hit par 5s in 2
5. Its not ran as a marketing campaign

This will all change, but the women are currently the golf architecture snobs dream tour... assume said classic courses ever let them on...

Brads

Visit site
Not for me - it’s nowhere close , it’s lacks excitement , any thrills , and pace to it ,

A lot will say it’s more relatable - and it is - because it’s a lot closer to our game than the Mens Pro Tour

Tried to watch a few times and it’s painful - the Solhiem is just about watchable
I don’t get any of that.
If anything it’s more exciting than the mens.
It’s only the numbers that are different and the contest and closeness of competition are more in my opinion

Boomy

Visit site
Yes indeed, it’s great to watch ??‍♀️ Some fab courses, quality players and some interesting characters in the mix. I struggle to see how it’s any less entertaining than watching an average mens tournament - some of the mens PGA Tour events are so boring.

The Solheim Cup is fantastic watching, they’re certainly fighters when up against it. Great to watch ??

Brads

Visit site

Actually I’ve only been on this forum five minutes and it seems your name crops up with pointless contentious replies all the time

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t get any of that.
If anything it’s more exciting than the mens.
It’s only the numbers that are different and the contest and closeness of competition are more in my opinion

Horses for courses when it comes to what people prefer to watch

I also think the US tour is dull as dishwater to watch , only really watch the majors , prefer the European Tour and happily watch most of the events they play - it’s less target golf

Just don’t find the Womens Golf they show appealing - even more so when the LET appears to be squashed now

Actually I’ve only been on this forum five minutes and it seems your name crops up with pointless contentious replies all the time

Isn’t that nice ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely as interesting as the mens game. Most PGA events are boring to watch with it being bomb driver, wedge and silly under par winning. The women have to craft rounds and some very close finishes. The Solheim Cup is on a level with the RC for passion and excitement. Look at the fantastic performance to win in the US with no support.

Brads

Visit site
I was actually
But as I said you seem to have a reputation for just adding nothing in an effort to be contentious.
Sorry if that’s an observation that doesn’t suit you but you know , hey ho.