Winter greens scores vs full greens

HPIMG

Visit site
I played today with a mixture of full greens and winter greens and had my best round ever. I shot level par for the first time. Now did I really shoot level par or was it only because half the greens were 50 or so yards closer? I think my score counts because I still had to get the ball in the hole and winter greens are usually not the best for putting.
I Set myself three goals for this year.
1. Get to single figures and currently 9 so did this one.
2. Shoot level par in a round , did I achieve this today ?
3. Get a hole in one, still waiting for this.

peld

Visit site
usually once you have winter greens you cant submit counting scores as the course isnt rated (unless its a "set" winter course)

Where are you based to be playing on winter greens now?

And like the other thread - how are you a 9hcp player and dont know these things?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No one but you can decide if it counts. You set the challenge you decide. Obviously for h/cap purposes the score cannot be used.
For me if the par fours were shortened to the extent that they would not normally be par fours you may decide it doesn't count if they would remain par fours I would think it does and then reframe the challenge for future years to plan to shoot level par or x over on courses of varying length .

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played today with a mixture of full greens and winter greens and had my best round ever. I shot level par for the first time. Now did I really shoot level par or was it only because half the greens were 50 or so yards closer? I think my score counts because I still had to get the ball in the hole and winter greens are usually not the best for putting.
I Set myself three goals for this year.
1. Get to single figures and currently 9 so did this one.
2. Shoot level par in a round , did I achieve this today ?
3. Get a hole in one, still waiting for this.
Assuming your club had not done the following your score does not count for handicapping.

Gf. Modification of Courses
(i) Temporary Changes

The Handicap Committee must notify the Authorized Association when temporary changes are being made to the golf course that may affect the Course Rating.
The Authorized Association will determine whether scores made under such conditions are acceptable for handicap purposes, and whether the Course Rating and Slope Rating should be modified temporarily.
Where a temporary Course Rating and Slope Rating has been issued, this information must be made available to players prior to the commencement of their round.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Once temps are in the course is shortened to much usually to count.
No bunkers in play
We’re the holes ok or the size of a bucket.

Still a very good achievement.