Wilson "Chaos" Golf ball

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Morning all

Was recently out in Florida and played a course where they were doing a challenge raising some money for the troops - long story short, I won 2 sleeves of Wilson Chaos golf balls.

Awful name for a ball IMO - possibly not a good omen with a name like that. Had a look online and they are £19.99 for 24 balls

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wilson-Uni...86&hvtargid=pla-563143166763&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

I played with 1 this weekend - finished the round with it, putted well, spun well...... I think I've found a replacement for my ad333 addiction.

Last edited by a moderator:

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve never been able to tell the difference between cheap and dear golf balls. The other day I tried putting with a selection of various makes, couldn’t noticeably tell any difference, then tried chipping with the same balls and they all chipped ok, then went to the driveing range and had no idea wether I was hitting a cheap or dear ball . So I have just ordered Srixon AD 333 three for two offer for £40.

D

Deleted member 18121

Never heard of them. The box looks awful. :LOL: Are they trying to appeal to kids?

Honestly - I can only assume so, looks like graffiti doesn't it. Surprised by them though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you scroll down the link you will see the Callaway Boom ball 😱. Same graphic designer for the box I think. You don't hit them off the tee in the box though. Get past that if you like them 👍

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve never been able to tell the difference between cheap and dear golf balls. The other day I tried putting with a selection of various makes, couldn’t noticeably tell any difference, then tried chipping with the same balls and they all chipped ok, then went to the driveing range and had no idea wether I was hitting a cheap or dear ball . So I have just ordered Srixon AD 333 three for two offer for £40.

I tend to use whatever balls I find in the rough. But I did get a dozen Titleist Trusoft once. Don’t use them much for fear of losing them but when I do, they feel real nice. I know soft balls got a bad rep from MGS recently. But honestly I love the feel from them.

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
Ah yes, Wilson Chaos. I won some in a raffle at our club last winter. As the OP says, not the best name for a golf ball.

Personally I didn't like them but my PP loves them so they went to a good home.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
If you genuinely think there's no difference between balls (a view I have some sympathy with) why go to the expense of AD333? Why not just buy Dunlop or Slazenger from Sports Direct?

I personally agree there's little difference and am prepared to play with whatever balls I find. But will admit that finding a ProV1 or TP5 is more satisfying.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I used to be the same but now everything pales to pro v1s

My golf spy have some interesting reports on golf balls.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you genuinely think there's no difference between balls (a view I have some sympathy with) why go to the expense of AD333? Why not just buy Dunlop or Slazenger from Sports Direct?

I personally agree there's little difference and am prepared to play with whatever balls I find. But will admit that finding a ProV1 or TP5 is more satisfying.
I have done, not the cheapest ones as I do feel a difference there but Dunlop NZ9s are a pretty good ball.

For a cheap ball though, I stick to the DX2, normally can be found for £11.99 a dozen.

D

Deleted member 1147

Has anyone on here tested balls when wearing headphones.
They reckon you can’t feel the difference in hardness of balls if you can’t hear the strike.