It's more low key in terms of numbers, managed media
He's been seen walking round Medalist with his caddy in tow recently
He's still listed in the field
He's going to be there for the Champions Dinner and maybe the Par 3
It's the Masters

Reasons against...
He's played once 'competitively', in a cart, in December since that car crash
It's, as we're reminded every half hour, more hilly than we appreciate
He will often wait until the last minute to pull out of an event so we shouldn't get too excited

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No
Reason: He will only enter an event if he believes he can win it

Exception to that rule: He might rock up to play The Open this summer given the anniversary/location

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We're almost 3 full months further down the road to recovery at this point. Whilst he may have struggled to walk distances in December, logic dictates he should be in a better position now.

I can see him playing.

phillarrow

Visit site
No, because it seems as if he really wants to play in this year's open and I don't think he would jeopardise that by playing such a hilly course as this early stage in his recovery.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I hope, for the rest of the field's sake, he doesn't....
Every spare second will be about Tiger and well se him washing his hands after a pee, chugging down a Coke and a sandwich, doing his stretches, activating his glutes and, basically, everything from when he drives up Magnolia Lane to when he drives back down it....
Some may think so but, for me, no one person - not even Tiger - is bigger than the game.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Two things we're always told on repeat about Augusta National - they do great sandwiches, and it is really hilly. I think that second one might rule Tiger out.

I'm going to be trying all of the sandwiches myself on Saturday, at the ANWA. I'll let you know what they're like ;)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Two things we're always told on repeat about Augusta National - they do great sandwiches, and it is really hilly. I think that second one might rule Tiger out.

I'm going to be trying all of the sandwiches myself on Saturday, at the ANWA. I'll let you know what they're like ;)

Im expecting a full gastronomic breakdown of the sandwiches and a mark out of 10 for each

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Pimento cheese butties, blooming marvellous!! The prices will make you laugh too. Cheap as chips, eh fries!

i*windows

Visit site
he would need to be able to walk the course for 5 days. It's much more hilly than it looks on the TV, and I'm not sure that his leg will cope with it. If he could ride in a buggy then he would play.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
No he won't play but the media and every event organiser for the foreseeable will keep teasing the possibility to ramp up interest, get clicks etc.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
seen a video of him in shorts the other week must hav ebeen around the time he was inducted into the hall of fame.

his leg looks absolutely buckled tbh