• Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

Just had an e-mail with the following offer from Wildwood Golf Club:

"Summer Offer"
4 ball offer £60
3 ball offer £45
2 ball offer £30
(Includes Coffee and Bacon Roll before play)
Valid for June, July, August, September 2012

Tee Time availability
Mondy - Friday from 10am - 6pm
Weekend from 12pm - 6pm
Used to play Wildwood a fair bit when I lived in Surrey and always enjoyed it there (the greens and tees were always immaculate!) However it was very heavy going after rainfall and felt that it suffered from the amount of traffic it was getting. Last played there about 2 years ago and the course conditioning was ok, but hadn't really improved much as it matured.

Has anyone played it recently? If so, and if the course has had some time and money spent on it, then this offer would be excellent and I would be tempted back at those prices.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
How the mighty have fallen.

I remember when it started up and I wanted to join. :) :(

Times must be bad.

I'll ask my old mates, *if I ever phone them*

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
It does indeed appear to incredible value and certainly not what the club was first aiming for when it opened in the 1990s. As you say, the greens and tees were like carpets then.

Played it a few times back than and always enjoyed it. Played it again recently, including the newer holes, and they were nowhere near as good and, in fact, in the case of two dogleg par 5s, a little bit silly.

But for £15 a head including coffee and bacon roll, not sure you can go wrong really?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'd be up for it, played it loads of times, it used to be awesome (apart from the tee shot off the 1st). Didn't know that they had new holes though...... guess I ain't played it for a while :p

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played there back in March this year and posted a review on page 5 of the Post a review section.

At those prices I might be playing there sooner than I thought!

Well worth the money I say. :thup:

D

Deleted member 1418

I'd be up for it, played it loads of times, it used to be awesome (apart from the tee shot off the 1st). Didn't know that they had new holes though...... guess I ain't played it for a while :p

Sounds like a plan then James!