why oh why

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking back to past rounds (nowt better to do whilst layed up). Why can't I play to a better standard on a regular basis? Before the accident my handicap had drifted out to 12, not bad but not good.
Then this happened went for a quick 18 at the local muni. Happily hacking my way around, I caught up with two lads on the fifth tee(well two lads to me). They offered me to play though, but in the end made up a three ball. Turns out it was the new club pro and his mate. The funniest thing happened. Guess I was inspired by playing with him. Played the last 13 holes, in 3 under par. Yes 3 under. Just straight forward tee to green golf. He did not believe my double figure handicap. If I can do it with him why can't I play better on a regular basis. Ok that round was a one off, but single figures must be realistic. But I can't do it why. If anyone has the answer please tell. Just thinking about it is doing my head in.
(can you tell I'm bored silly stuck indoors!!)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Years ago, I had a couple of 9 hole playing lessons as part of a 'course' that we'd worked out and 4 months apart.

I shot 1 under each time!

TFG! :rollleyes:

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shows you can play better golf and playing with better players made you play better too , did you do anything different in pre shot or care over your set up , when you play with better players in ups your game , just watch you dont try and keep up with the youngs guys drive , just play your game , if you hit it 250 then stick to that ...............................EYG

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shows you can play better golf and playing with better players made you play better too , did you do anything different in pre shot or care over your set up , when you play with better players in ups your game , just watch you dont try and keep up with the youngs guys drive , just play your game , if you hit it 250 then stick to that ...............................EYG

Wish I did hit it 250 yards maybe once in a blue moon more like 230 at a guess. (fancy admitting that on here lol).

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There is a secret to this. A way of playing well ALL the time that only the pros know.
Now I shouldn't really tell you what it is and I'll probably be kicked out of the PGA for revealing the secret but what the hell.
The secret is

Password protected
For the Password, please send £250, with your name, address and bank details to
Bank of Bob Mugabethur
Central Bank of Nigeria
Sierra Leone
S.Africa

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Once went out for a casual Sunday afternoon few holes - met up with a mate - and after 14 holes was 5 under gross. But had to walk off as Mother in law was at home expecting me for Sunday lunch - and nothing delays Sunday lunch So off I duly trotted like the good son-in-law I am - what a pain in the butt golf can be. I reconcile myself with the near certainty that I'd have dropped 6 shots over the last four holes - had I played them. Just how golf 'tis. Never did that sort of scoring again.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Once went out for a casual Sunday afternoon few holes - met up with a mate - and after 14 holes was 5 under gross. But had to walk off as Mother in law was at home expecting me for Sunday lunch - and nothing delays Sunday lunch So off I duly trotted like the good son-in-law I am - what a pain in the butt golf can be. I reconcile myself with the near certainty that I'd have dropped 6 shots over the last four holes - had I played them. Just how golf 'tis. Never did that sort of scoring again.

I think I would of risk the wrath of HID and MiL being @-5 with 4 to play!

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sounds like, for the good of your golf, you need to sack your current mates & PP and place add in personal column for replacements, hcp +1 as min requirement!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is a secret to this. A way of playing well ALL the time that only the pros know.
Now I shouldn't really tell you what it is and I'll probably be kicked out of the PGA for revealing the secret but what the hell.
The secret is

Password protected
Bank of Bob Mugabethur
Central Bank of Nigeria
Sierra Leone
S.Africa

Best post EVER!

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
The secret is

Password protected
Bank of Bob Mugabethur
Central Bank of Nigeria
Sierra Leone
S.Africa

So your the bugger that keeps sending me e-mails, from Nigeria. I keep sending the fee for my inheritance, why have you not replied????!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You can do it but with a card and pencil in hand there's more pressure and we all get side tracked chasing a cut. A good short game, a few putts dropping and an ability to get in play regularly is all it takes. My partner Hawkeye went from 11(ish) to 7 last year doing nothing special but finding a fairway, making a few up and downs and converting those 3-6 footers for par more often